Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres NOT a picture of my new shoes.

Mini-rant... Beginning of August I ordered Lake shoes from Dunkeld Cycles. They said they'd contact me when the order was placed. Nothing. 

Middle Aug I phoned them - 'oh sorry I thought x got hold of you (which is code for we've done nothing), we'll call you with an update.' Nothing.

September I call them. They're having problems with the suppliers. Will call back with an update. Nothing.

2 weeks ago I call them. 'Not sure, will call me right back with my order update.' Nothing.

Yesterday I call again. 'Oh ja 3 or 4 weeks ago the South African supplier blew up so all orders were cancelled. I can't believe no one called you.'

Customer service, who needs it. Pathetic.

Heres NOT a picture of my new shoes.

Mini-rant... Beginning of August I ordered Lake shoes from Dunkeld Cycles. They said they'd contact me when the order was placed. Nothing. 

Middle Aug I phoned them - 'oh sorry I thought x got hold of you (which is code for we've done nothing), we'll call you with an update.' Nothing.

September I call them. They're having problems with the suppliers. Will call back with an update. Nothing.

2 weeks ago I call them. 'Not sure, will call me right back with my order update.' Nothing.

Yesterday I call again. 'Oh ja 3 or 4 weeks ago the South African supplier blew up so all orders were cancelled. I can't believe no one called you.'

Customer service, who needs it. Pathetic.

Buy directly from Lake, if they are still in business.

https://lakeshoes.co.za/contact-us

Buy directly from Lake, if they are still in business.

https://lakeshoes.co.za/contact-us

So thats actually what I did the first time. :mellow: But through my own measuring, stupidity or whatever I ended up with the size shoe that was exactly the size of my foot. So zero free space in the shoe, and that obviously wasn't going to work. I sold them surprisingly easily on le hub and thats why I went to Dunkeld - to try on a half size and a full size larger. They had an odd assortment of models but I could work out what I needed, and thats when they said listen we'll just order it for you. And after using up some of their time I just felt obliged. 

I've actually just now ordered through Bont. They look perhaps even better for my super wide feet. So, 4 - 5 weeks plus shipping time I shall return to this thread.

20201020-101743-1.jpg

Anyone know if this thing is any good or should I rather use my Fizik? It felt pretty ok during first ride on it.