Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am super impressed with the One Up dropper post and pump I recently bought and since it was time to upgrade to 800mm bars I thought I’d stick to the brand.

800mm 35 bars and 50mm stem plus the complete EDC tool system addedpost-22685-0-37408000-1601456556_thumb.jpeg

This also completes the 99.9% blackout off all my components. Just the chain to upgrade to black.

The boast is the el cheapo wallmounts from takeshit.com

Perfect for granny flat bike storage [emoji108]9d90f7eab6fb608e999cda1542a53cfb.jpg36dba24cc41dea52161a67cc0f3dbe4c.jpg

I am keen to get these too, do you think they will hold in a dry wall scenario?

Depends on if you can mount it to a support beam maybe , drywall alone probably not going to support the weight of a bike against a single mount point.

I had my wall mount pull out of brick and it was rather for 15kg and was hanging a 12kg bike. After that I replaced it with roll bolts

Only if you locate it/them on a stud In the wall....obviously.

Otherwise you’ll probably find that sweet carbon road bike of yours on the floor when you come home one day...with a hole in your cardboard wall to match.

It will hold if the drywall is in good condition and you use the correct hollow wall anchors.

They mount tvs in hospitals on drywall amd ceilings with hollow wall anchors.

But a stud will be even better.8666a9bbaf314faa5cc090d82a3457a6.jpg

It will hold if the drywall is in good condition and you use the correct hollow wall anchors.

They mount tvs in hospitals on drywall amd ceilings with hollow wall anchors.

But a stud will be even better.8666a9bbaf314faa5cc090d82a3457a6.jpg

I have mounted 50 inch TVs with nothing but these... works fine just need about 8

Drywall-Screws.jpg?h=500&la=en&mw=500&w=

I have mounted 50 inch TVs with nothing but these... works fine just need about 8

Drywall-Screws.jpg?h=500&la=en&mw=500&w=

I prefer to play it safe. Those anchors I posted butterfly behind the drywall with about a 30mm flanged star pattern. They will not pull out unless you excert a lot of force on them amd break away a chunk of wall.

That kind of reminds me of people using a hammer and nails to hang stuff in plastered Walls????

You mean the opposite of people who use saddle bags, Camelbaks and 4 energy bars for a coffee ride. Sometimes all you need is a 1 bottle ;)