Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

With the addition of the Super Deluxe Coil my dream build is now complete. I got the frame about 18 months ago and built it up with parts from the Evil Following MB I had before this. I changed out parts one by one until I had this...

Upside is all the old parts went to my hardtail, so it's looking pretty dam good as well.

Frame: Transition Sentinel V1 Alloy

Fork: RS Lyrik Ultimate (160mm)

Shock: RS Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil (140mm) with 600lbs spring

Wheels: cSixx 9 Series END Carbon laced to Hope Pro 4, with CushCore and Spez Eliminator 2.6 tyres (Black Diamond back, Grid front)

Groupset: Sram XO1 Eagle with 170mm crank, 32t cSixx chainring, MRP bash guard

Brakes: Formula Cura 4 with 203mm rotors front and rear

Cockpit: cSixx END carbon bars, ODI Rogue grips, Lyne Contour 170mm dropper, Spez Henge saddle

Pedals: Shimano XT SPD pedals

Other: OneUp pump, OneUp EDC tool in the steerer tube

Weight: A spritely 17.2kg.

The joke is that except for the frame there is nowhere to save weight. So even with the carbon version of it (which I am okay without) it would weigh mid 16kg...

But, this thing is a beast. It's limits are waaaay beyong mine. And for what it is, it actually climbs well. And by that I mean comfortably for an hour - not fast. The seated position puts you over the pedals. The length and head angle of this bike means it is stupid fast when the trails point down - I just wish I had the balls to pilot it as fast as it deserves to be piloted.

post-82251-0-02840800-1603427014_thumb.jpg

post-82251-0-36183600-1603427170_thumb.jpg

Will take some better photos this weekend.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the addition of the Super Deluxe Coil my dream build is now complete. I got the frame about 18 months ago and built it up with parts from the Evil Following MB I had before this. I changed out parts one by one until I had this...

Upside is all the old parts went to my hardtail, so it's looking pretty dam good as well.

Wheels: cSixx 9 Series END Carbon laced to Hope Pro 4, with CushCore and Spez Eliminator 2.6 tyres (Black Diamond back, Grid front)

Cockpit: cSixx END carbon bars, ODI Rogue grips, Lyne Contour 170mm dropper, Spez Henge saddle

The joke is that except for the frame there is nowhere to save weight. So even with the carbon version of it (which I am okay without) it would weigh mid 16kg...

But, this thing is a beast. It's limits are waaaay beyong mine. And for what it is, it actually climbs well. And by that I mean comfortably for an hour - not fast. The seated position puts you over the pedals. The length and head angle of this bike means it is stupid fast when the trails point down - I just wish I had the balls to pilot it as fast as it deserves to be piloted.

Screenshot_20201023-061002_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201023-062513_WhatsApp.jpg

So nice!! Enjoy!

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20201023-061002_Gallery.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20201023-062513_WhatsApp.jpg

Wow, what an absolute brute! With it tilted up like that it accentuates that head angle even more, that front end looks loooooonnngggggg! So badass.

Why do I want it so bad even though I have almost no place to ride it?!?

Wow, what an absolute brute! With it tilted up like that it accentuates that head angle even more, that front end looks loooooonnngggggg! So badass.

Why do I want it so bad even though I have almost no place to ride it?!?

Haha ja that tilt makes it look way slacker than it actually is (64). But it is very long! In a size large (I am 1.78) it is longer than most DH bikes of the same size. Reach is 475mm, which was super long when it was released, but not so outlandish by today's standards. 

When I initially built the bike I had a 51mm offset fork on it while I was waiting for a 41mm offset CSU - it was honestly quite horrible, steered like a bus. With the short offset fork (bike was intended to be ridden with a short offset) it actually is quite nimble. I have taken it on a few longer rides (60-70km with 1500m to 2000m climbing) and although you feel the weight, it's actually not such a slog to ride.

I am just happy I live in a place where a bike like this can be ridden!

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Awesome build! Can I ask why you moved from the Evil Following? I find it strange that people rave about the Evil, but there is a constant stream of them in classifieds.

I loved the Evil, cannot say a bad thing about the bike at all. In fact one of the guys I ride with is on one that he absolutely loves.

I was stupid, I was between a Medium and Large, and bought a Medium without test riding. I could never get comfortable on it. Another factor is that I do have a hardtail trail bike which does trail and flow trail duties and is my "all rounder" - there was too much overlap between the Following and the hardtail and I wanted a big bulldozer of a bike...

That said, had I bought a Large to start with, I probably would still have it...

GMBN should sell their kit in SA, apparel that is

I was lucky enough to buy 1x short and 1x long sleeve shirts when visiting the UK. And 2 pairs of socks, great great great quality.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20201023-061002_Gallery.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20201023-062513_WhatsApp.jpg

that bike is seriously hottt

I was lucky enough to buy 1x short and 1x long sleeve shirts when visiting the UK. And 2 pairs of socks, great great great quality.

man im so jealous-  now makes it worse by saying its great quality  :mellow:

I am going to try to source me some items

hows the sizing tho, inline with general sizing on jerseys and shorts?

Now I can wash my bike without worrying about oil or whatever getting onto the disks and a loud riding shirt.

post-25481-0-78321700-1603454281_thumb.jpeg

man im so jealous- now makes it worse by saying its great quality :mellow:

I am going to try to source me some items

hows the sizing tho, inline with general sizing on jerseys and shorts?

Shorts I can't comment on. Here I wear a L shirt, both these are L and the fit is the same.3d5be4662c2c923c66c6063903218188.jpg1a0fcd3ef5a4a62e31a8bd2c4cfc4f63.jpg