Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

My first Shimano bike in about 25 years...

20201020-101800.jpg

Once the new Di2 gets launched, I'll also have a look to go over to Shitmano..........first time in 19 years...............

Bike any good?  :D  :P

Edited by Spinnekop

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you have to solve 2 problems with 1 solution, enter my wife's first (3rd bike) which just so happens to be big enough to be my hardtail gravel/race bike when she doesn't ride enough (per the previous 2 bikes which were too small for me to use and were sold with a total of 8km and 15km ridden respectively).

Frame: Momsen SL729 (1120g) including cable hardware

Rockshox SID Ultimate courtesy of Loch Ness

SRam GX from Solomons

Guide RSC 4 pots from CWC

and some Lyne Pulse 30s to round it off

9.8kg excl pedals (Wayne don't look)

post-50555-0-76411100-1603216535_thumb.jpg

Picked up a set of BR-MT501 brakes from LBS today, get home, start with front, fitted, blead, piele.

Remove internally routed rear brakes front to back, fit new caliper and hoses, take lever out the box, ... low and behold the rear box has a left hand mt401 3 finger lever and the front had a mt501 1 finger lever. 

:cursing:

very inconvenient that - you took it back i assume or going to ride with frankenstein brake levers

Sometimes you have to solve 2 problems with 1 solution, enter my wife's first (3rd bike) which just so happens to be big enough to be my hardtail gravel/race bike when she doesn't ride enough (per the previous 2 bikes which were too small for me to use and were sold with a total of 8km and 15km ridden respectively).

Frame: Momsen SL729 (1120g) including cable hardware

Rockshox SID Ultimate courtesy of Loch Ness

SRam GX from Solomons

Guide RSC 4 pots from CWC

and some Lyne Pulse 30s to round it off

9.8kg excl pedals (Wayne don't look)

attachicon.gifIMG_0211.JPG

smart smart smart man!!

buying a bike for yourself but telling her its her's - modern problems require modern solutions :thumbup:  :clap:

Park Tool = Cool

I think GMBN has played a big part wrt me buying Park Tool but they feel like quality tools so I’m pretty happy. Going to make servicing my fork easier for sure.

I think GMBN has played a big part wrt me buying Park Tool but they feel like quality tools so I’m pretty happy. Going to make servicing my fork easier for sure.

GMBN should sell their kit in SA, apparel that is

Edited by MajG

haha haha haha

haha

ha

hahaha

I only have a few Parktool items, and each and every one is well made and reliable as all heck.

haha haha haha

haha

ha

hahaha

Hahahaha! I’m convinced they will make it easier. Well it has to now, at least with the amount of riding I’m doing now it will take a year or so before I have to attempt it again.

My 5Tens finally gave up after about 8 years of riding.

Replaced with a pair of RC Hellions. Can’t wait for the weekend.