My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

Black rocks is about as secret as kommetjie....

Must have been quite fun with the super south swell. I can imagine Platboom was a bit sizey and it  might not have been big enough for Buffels point to run......

Ah.... the reserve. 

Where you get lambasted by some dude for arriving with 3 of your mates for 'bringing a crowd'......

Exactly. I was surfing there when I was a teenager. Which was a long long long long time ago.

Tony might have scored the trifecta this week. I can't confirm or deny for fear of reprisals from deep south Soul Surfers.

Who drive SUV's and wives shop at Woolies. But us townies mustn't point it out.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I was surfing there when I was a teenager. Which was a long long long long time ago.

Tony might have scored the trifecta this week. I can't confirm or deny for fear of reprisals from deep south Soul Surfers.

I read “wife swops at Woolies”.... ????

I'll do the confirming right here and now...Day 1 Blackrocks with my good mate Duane...got approached in the carpark and the water,"we don't want you filming here, please don't film so people can recognize features, we want to keep this place on the low down"......pitching peaks over that reef but didn't get as many waves as I liked so unfinished business leads to day 2...Buffels, and firing 4 to 6 foot with about 6 guys out, same vibe, please don't tell anyone, don't film, blah blah blah....until my stall and barrel then I could pick my wave! Day 3, swell there but wind swung so back I go...the 2 aforementioned "secret spots aren't working so Platboom is next on the list for an assault by MSM....one or two of the same dudes but king of the peak paddles up and let's me know the " we don't like cameras here, I don't mind if its personal but no YT, IG or FB...HE doesn't mind....not a kid, a grown adult, good surfer but living in some parallel universe I suspect. Wannasurf.com has specific info including GPS locations of all these spots since 10 years ago...Ive surfed for over 40 years, round the world (last international surf was Sunset Beach in Hawaii and welcomed with open arms by Billy Kemper who had just done a trip to SA and scored Dungeons and Sunset), my name is on the same trophy with Shaun the Prawn but never have I come across such a bunch of plonkers...anyway, I digress and this post is digging into my video editing time!

I don't get the localism thing either. Sure on the North Shore or J Bay where if you don't know your stuff it can be very dangerous and potentially fatal.

Anyways. My other half looooves Elands. We've been up there 3 times together and I've scored every time.

My ex wife was not that keen on the beach towards the end of our time together. But to be fair she did spend many an afternoon sitting in a car at Witsands with only the baboons for company. Poor girl.

Boet, I've experience localism at muizies LOL> Thats exactly what I did when the young aggro lady  paddled up to me and tunes me that the tourist section is over by the pavillion. I laughed even harder when she paddled off in an angry huff.

rubbed it in by catching waves further out than she and her mates could.

Later at the shower I asked them what they did if they were treated that way at J-bay or Bats cave etc. They just gave this crappy look and walked off. Lighties were like half my age. I think they hear stories about how cool it is to be a tjop and then try their best to act that way.

Nice to hear localism is still alive and well, makes for lekker fireside and OBS kakpraat. 
Always thought that some spots in KZN were the most ridiculous for it, barely 2km between spots. Umhlanga the funniest, trust fund Byrons who are HARDCORE bra! 

The Muizies and Kom is typical though, got tuned at both of those spots for having camera gear.
Maybe it was my Amanzimtoti SLC shirt. 

Are the weird dudes who live in their van still hanging around there?

Buffels reeling is majestic.... I am officially jealous.

DnD, did you really got 'localled' at the berg? That is hilarious. And super lame

DnD, did you really got 'localled' at the berg? That is hilarious. And super lame

Ya LOL, it was hilarious. I learned to surf there in the bad old days when the real locals tuned the coppers I just spent too much time on the beach that's why I was so bronze. Had to learn the lingo. My old man growing up in Zim made it easy though. 

Then I get localed by some pint sized barely 18 girl. I probably got a sexist label now too. You not supposed to laugh at the girls neh.

The Toti shirt my bru!

I thought it was funny. Was told at the shoreline by some legend that I can't just take pictures. I told I was waiting for him to fix his hair and get out of my frame. 

Actually was looking for a lekker angle of the huts, but over the water with the surfers/sea out of focus. 

Got mates, Jacques and Nic who often surf Fish Hoek side. Super chilled. 

Ya LOL, it was hilarious. I learned to surf there in the bad old days when the real locals tuned the coppers I just spent too much time on the beach that's why I was so bronze. Had to learn the lingo. My old man growing up in Zim made it easy though. 

Then I get localed by some pint sized barely 18 girl. I probably got a sexist label now too. You not supposed to laugh at the girls neh.

That is so sad.... It also reminds me that I was always so scared of surfing Cemetery for fear of the locals and dying..... 

I eventually overcame said fear and found out the locals there are just super stoked to see faces in the water, my car has never been touched there and many, many hours of radness have been shared.

Edited by Jewbacca

The Toti shirt my bru!

I thought it was funny. Was told at the shoreline by some legend that I can't just take pictures. I told I was waiting for him to fix his hair and get out of my frame. 

Actually was looking for a lekker angle of the huts, but over the water with the surfers/sea out of focus. 

Got mates, Jacques and Nic who often surf Fish Hoek side. Super chilled. 

hahaha Most CapeTonians probably think 'Toti is near Table View..........  :ph34r:

hahaha Most CapeTonians probably think 'Toti is near Table View..........  :ph34r:

:lol:  

Muizies is properly kiff though, nearly moved there some time back. 

Love the creppes/pancake place that doubles as a surf school. Beachfront vibe reminds me of Warner beach and those areas. 

:lol:  

Muizies is properly kiff though, nearly moved there some time back. 

Love the creppes/pancake place that doubles as a surf school. Beachfront vibe reminds me of Warner beach and those areas. 

Moving here is the best decision the wife and I ever made.

It offers everything and allows us to be pretty 'small town' despite living in Cape Town. We have like, the ocean and the mountain and like, shuwaaaa

That is so sad.... It also reminds me that I was always so scared of surfing Cemetery for fear of the locals and dying..... 

I eventually overcame said fear and found out the locals there are just super stoked to see faces in the water, my car has never been touched there and many, many hours of radness have been shared.

cemetry, always had epic waves. Dangerous place to swim. most of my school mates were part time life savers there till 89 when all of False Bay became open beaches (except Strand, they took a while loner to come right) and then moved onto Muizenberg, St James pool, Clovelly (also awesome on a good day!) 

I recall being a grom and seeing those old okes out the back and just hating them cause they thought they owned the place, now 40 years on and the SAME kinda okes are out there! Glad I'm still a grom at heart and never joined them...some of the best waves double up on the inside!!!