W@nna-BE

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Hubbers

anyone have the same issue as me!

my wife hates my cycling! she is always complaining when i want to ride and its really impacting on my training!

she has actually made me feel guilty for wanting to ride!

guess i am going to have to start do the 4;30am rides story sad.png

I think my wife is just happy to get rid of me but she does cock her eyebrows when I spend money.

Maybe your wife needs to join the real World. A friend asked me 'do you spend time in the pub drinking with your friends?' I don't. I drink about two beers a year maybe at a braai. So he said 'your wife is very lucky'. Maybe your wife will get the point. If you also spend time in the pub with your pals then I am on your wife's side.

I have so many mates in the same position , wife bitching .

Never understood it.

I must have the best wife on earth , she supports me fully ( even the days I don't feel like getting up to ride I get a kick in the side and get told to HTFU ) and even buys my cycling stuff, pulls through to all the races , camps out at the stage races ect. last weekend I get back from my rides to lunch

Now that is what I call 'a wife'. Give her my best wishes. My wife wouldn't dream of supporting me. She spends the time reading and relaxing.

I recon a "Surfing Thread" is called for. I'll pop in there every so often to cause trouble........as an ex-windsurfer!  :ph34r:

that brought back some cool memories - nice one.  Windsurfing in Sandvlei, LAngebaan, Knysna - I never made it into the ocean, was too k@k, but still lots of fun

Thankfully, my wife fully understands my riding and often joins me. We have done many events together, even multiday such as Berg and Bush. She was raised in a family of sporting people and I often ride with her dad (bonus points here).

She is also a strong independent woman, so as long as I am considerate of her and her time, eveyone is happy.

The only catch is I have to do all of the bike maintenance (I enjoy this, so it's all good)... between us, we have 8 bikes

Edited by Schnavel

My wife understands my cycling needs. At the moment this doesn’t involved that much riding, but some cycling stuff shopping. This has made her extra understanding, as for some reason, that is yet to be fully explained to me, if I buy something I need to buy her something too.

We have tried riding together a bit, it didn’t work that well. If we ever end up thinking about a split, I will get a tandem for us to help accelerate the transition.

Edited by Patchelicious

This has made her extra understanding, as for some reason, that is yet to be fully explained to me, if I buy something I need to buy her something too.

Ha ha ha.. we have a similar understanding here.. but it goes like that with any nonessential item..if one gets we all get..if you can't afford to get for all then you don't get for only yourself.[emoji1787][emoji1787]

It's something we started way back when we were younger and the budget was very tight.

Edited by Gen

Ha ha ha.. we have a similar understanding here.. but it goes like that with any nonessential item..if one gets we all get..if you can't afford to get for all then you don't get for only yourself.[emoji1787][emoji1787]

It's something we started way back when we were younger and the budget was very tight.

Ai... it makes no sense to me.

It’s almost like Xmas in our place. Everybody buys each other expensive stuff that we actually don’t want or need, so everybody ends up out of pocket and with stuff you don’t want. Or so I thought....

My suggestion last year, which was shot down faster than Greg does a run in Martitzburg, was that everybody just fills an envelope with cash, importantly an equal amount, and we pass it to the person on the left. We have all ‘given’, we have all ‘received’ but we are all in the same position as before we ate dry bird meat and Ouma’s gross kool en boontjies that you only have to endure once a year, but has caused more nightmares than Freddy Kruger.

The reason that my idea was shot became evident when I did some calculations on the smattering of gift next to me vs the mound of gifts around the cackling Mufasa hyenas in the room, tipsy on posh fizz that Patch always so gracefully supplies.

This was a scam that Jordan Belfort would be proud of!

As such, I have declared Xmas on hold in my house until such time that it becomes a ROI positive event for me.

????

Edited by Patchelicious

You delusional potato. That is not how it was at all. Shortly after I posted this everything went for a ball of **** and I divorced her in 2013.

Sorry J, that made me laugh.  Hindsight hey. 

..............My suggestion last year, which was shot down faster than Greg does a run in Martitzburg, was that everybody just fills an envelope with cash, importantly an equal amount, and we pass it to the person on the left. .............

We sometimes have a "theme" for Christmas. Say, something like "green". Then any gift that is that colour, or recycled, or earth friendly, or can grow.......etc. will be acceptable.

One year, to add a little twist, we decided to give each of the Ds R500 cash, 1 hour in Cavendish Square, buy yourself a gift that you really want, wrap it so the others don't know what it is and then Christmas morning when you open it, it is a surprise to everyone else and you get exactly what you wanted. It worked a charm until the youngest D, who was about 6 or 7 years old at the time, opened his gift in front of all the grandparents..............and it is a moerse machete fit for Rambo..........all eyes went wide and I got some strange looks.............until he explained that the road leading up to our place in the Karoo always get overgrown with the thorn trees and his plan was to chop it open to prevent it scratching the bikes on the roof rack.............to his credit he did exactly that and he never chopped any of his own or his brothers fingers or toes off.

Edited by DJR

Durban is chilled nowadays . Always waves at Bay , and all welcome , just be easy. Still some breaks where got to earn your spots down south , best not to try paddle out at say Cave Rock  or Garvies if you not quite sure what you doing. 

But mostly surfing here is really chilled . Lots of us ballies bobbing around

Cave Rock can be a real challenge on big days; getting into the water safely, catching a wave safely then getting out.

But I overheard a Bluff local complaining that with Crazy Covid rules where the beach was prohibited, Cave Rock was one place fishermen could almost cast into the sea from the road so it was packed, "shoulder to shoulder" with Durban's version of pap gooiers. Viva NDZ!