My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

Boet, I've experience localism at muizies LOL> Thats exactly what I did when the young aggro lady paddled up to me and tunes me that the tourist section is over by the pavillion. I laughed even harder when she paddled off in an angry huff.

rubbed it in by catching waves further out than she and her mates could.

Later at the shower I asked them what they did if they were treated that way at J-bay or Bats cave etc. They just gave this crappy look and walked off. Lighties were like half my age. I think they hear stories about how cool it is to be a tjop and then try their best to act that way.

Were you surfing or paddling?......

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Including my travel time to and from trails I spend about 13 hours a week cycling. 2 hours 4 days a week, and a 5 hour day once a weekend. My wife has never had an issue with it, tbh, I can't see why anyone would. I am in a better mood, I am healthier, and she has time to do her thing.

Having just had our first kiddo I'll have to cut back a bit, but I am definitely not gonna get by on a ride every now and then. Luckily my wife is quite keen to get on the bike again herself, so that should buy me some extra time in the saddle. Luckily my parents live 10mins away and are jumping to help out with their first grandchild....

Including my travel time to and from trails I spend about 13 hours a week cycling. 2 hours 4 days a week, and a 5 hour day once a weekend. My wife has never had an issue with it, tbh, I can't see why anyone would. I am in a better mood, I am healthier, and she has time to do her thing.

Having just had our first kiddo I'll have to cut back a bit, but I am definitely not gonna get by on a ride every now and then. Luckily my wife is quite keen to get on the bike again herself, so that should buy me some extra time in the saddle. Luckily my parents live 10mins away and are jumping to help out with their first grandchild....

Congrats on the little one. You must be stoked :)

enjoy this time while they're little and sleep regularly. You can plan your life around that.

once they start walking you're going to have a proper little terror on your hands. Their curiosity takes them all over the house, you can't take your eye off them. Full time job and sleep is less regular in the teething months.

Soon you'll have a riding buddy then life starts looking normal again.

Congrats on the little one. You must be stoked :)

enjoy this time while they're little and sleep regularly. You can plan your life around that.

once they start walking you're going to have a proper little terror on your hands. Their curiosity takes them all over the house, you can't take your eye off them. Full time job and sleep is less regular in the teething months.

Soon you'll have a riding buddy then life starts looking normal again.

I found (now 21 years ago) that when we had our first boy, that it did not really make that much of a dent into my free time to ride. My wife could pretty much take care of him for the reasonable time I needed. But boy oh boy, when the second one arrived ,not all that much later, I suddenly had to contribute a whole lot more of my time. Looking after a toddler and a newborn is not a job one person can do and stay sane. That took a big chunk of my riding time, much worse than with no.1. Of course as soon as they were able to ride, all was instantly forgiven and now I just let them pull a bit more whenever we battle a headwind. 

Yeah, I used to spend an obscene amount of time riding, probably about +- 15 - 20 hours a week. I would drive out to Jonkers three times a week. My wife loved it as it gave her allot of time to do her own thing as well. However when our little one arrived (she’s now 3.5) it changed allot. I honestly don’t want to spend that much time away from them. Changed to doing hikes and watersport where we can all do it together. I believe it is all seasons in our life, and will probably start riding allot again once she hits the age where dad isn’t cool enough to to hang with or she’s old enough to come riding with. For now, once a week is enough for me. 

Congratulations Grease . 

Having parents both close and available is the greatest blessing . For both them and for you and for your child. Embrace having them around. 

i inferred that - but your words, not mine!

i love the way kayaks/paddleskis/surfskis are frowned upon as infringing by the surfarazzi, but SUPs are totally fine.

It's a board thing. I can take out a few surfers with my surfski. When a 6m long surfski comes tumbling along with a foamie the surfers paddle like hell to get out it's way.  :whistling:

Edited by Moridin

i inferred that - but your words, not mine!

i love the way kayaks/paddleskis/surfskis are frowned upon as infringing by the surfarazzi, but SUPs are totally fine.

Ya it's like they think by standing up they fart Chanel #5

It's a board thing. I can take out a few surfers with my surfski. When a 6m long surfski comes tumbling along with a foamie the surfers paddle like hell to get out it's way.  :whistling:

also with a paddle we can catch waves before the stand up guys have even seen them.

Ya it's like they think by standing up they fart Chanel #5

SUPs are not fine - unless you can actually surf a normal board and are mindful and respectful that you a danger to others - many many many of these former mountain biker former golfers who partake have insufficient ocean knowledge

A SUP is a bit like an ebike on a pump track

SUPs are not fine - unless you can actually surf a normal board and are mindful and respectful that you a danger to others - many many many of these former mountain biker former golfers who partake have insufficient ocean knowledge

They are the unicycles of the surf world. 

ROTFLMAO

so true!