To all the Emily Batty Fans

Toxic

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is what she is grappling with, she really wanted to give that Olympic podium another shot, after the Czek event got canned there was no way she could qualify. But with the postponement to 2021 at least it opens up the process of being selected again.

Last year part of her issues was that there was a cut in funding from Canadian Sport (or something to that effect) which meant she had to travel alone (w/o Adam) and that had a negative effect, she seemed washed out never really featured in the UCI XCO events last year, but 2018 was a good one, so I believe that was circumstantial.

I would also say that the ladies have a longer shelf life in terms of top level performance (for whatever reasons) so a comeback is possible, maybe she needs this reset, but a big part of this is the headspace: resilience being key.

If she can race an Olympic mtb event with a broken collar bone, fortitude is not in question.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Follow her bike-packing journey across Iceland...........950 km from East to West during August @ emilybatty.com 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Follow her bike-packing journey across Iceland...........950 km from East to West during August @ emilybatty.com 

That was cool

Not a hater just not a fan, now even less a fan

The irony of me being a knob posting on the Emily Batty fans thread saying I'm not a fan...

My apologies lads ignore my dumbness level

Edited by Meezo

The irony of me being a knob posting on the Emily Batty fans thread saying I'm not a fan...

5 hail Mary's and go and sin no more

Forgiven. Now stop wasting bandwidth with text and post images! ????