Standing up to peddel.

HI All

Im quite new to cycling. Only been cycling for about 2 months. I have some difficulty standing up to peddle. When I do it my legs burn immensely and when I sit back on to the saddle I have to peddle slower just to recover. Is there a specific technique to it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldn't peddle while you pedal. You'll get more stuff sold standing still :whistling: :devil:

As said, you will get used to it, the more you do it. You use more energy pedaling whilst standing, so practise makes perfect (fitter).

HI All

Im quite new to cycling. Only been cycling for about 2 months. I have some difficulty standing up to peddle. When I do it my legs burn immensely and when I sit back on to the saddle I have to peddle slower just to recover. Is there a specific technique to it?

Ok so you haven't read the book , but somebody once said :

Why stand if you can sit

Why sit if you can lie down

+1

TITS - time in the saddle. The more you do it the easier it gets.

Useless info for the day - when I see a cyclist whilst I'm driving I yell PERREL PERREL PERREL to myself.

Yeah - I don't know why either.

Standing up peddledaling is genetic. If you can't do it with ease on your first day you will never be able to do. I suggest you get a comfy saddeledel and remain seated on all your rides.

Sort of like girls not being able to stand and pee?

HI All

Quite normal if you are new to cycling. Get into the habit of standing up to pedal every couple of minutes. You don't mention if it is road or mtb but the same advice applies to both. Try and find a flat and straight piece to do it on. Not just on the climbs.

Also make sure you are in the correct gear. Being in too light gear doesn't utilise the correct form and you will most probably not be using your body weight to push down.