My 26er is back..

Azza

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Epic is not the come all and go all of what encompasses Mountain Biking.

It is a true legend for the "type" of rider and segment of the sport of MTB, but it is just a part of the sport, so quoting the snide comment about seeing if the top riders are on 26'ers is really just a little narrow viewed.

Mountain biking used to be very much a sport of adventure and discovery, the last few years though it seems the general population are treating it more and more as a dirt road race .......

But I digress.

26'ers Aint Dead. :thumbup:

Back to basics ... you get great 26'ers, great 29'er and from the sounds of things, great 27.5's, but in the same breath you also can get really K@K bikes in either of the above formats.

let me help you out there Hairy - you get great riders and you get k@k riders. swinging your leg over a 26/9/7.5er is not going to change your level of k@kness.

let me help you out there Hairy - you get great riders and you get k@k riders. swinging your leg over a 26/9/7.5er is not going to change your level of k@kness.

spot on ...

G5078-Lyall_page.jpg

And in between a whole bunch of folks who just want to enjoy the ride and not give a toss about the wheel size as long as they roll.

Yup, the demise of the 26er was somewhat exaggerated ! :thumbup:

Kind of like saying BMXs are finished because they've got such small wheels.

A bike for each purpose folks (at least that's the way you need to explain it to your partners… gotta collect 'em all!)

My 26'er keeps me feeling like a teenager.....hopefully oneday I will know for sure if its for me or not.......

A bit like masturbation then......... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Sorry, but it is Friday :blush: