Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

Provocation does add a different context to the cyclists' behavior.

But on that notion it would imply he was provoked to have allegedly thrown water sachets.

Im still trying to figure out how, given the driver was on the right of the vehicle and the cyclist on the left?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dis flippen gusting, close the damn club.

We also don't need to entertain idiot comments like is either. There were some unruly behavior deal with it on it's own merit and take action against the responsible parties once a full investigation occurs.

Come on 'Dale, I cannot think of any event where this behavior is justified in the civilised world.

Don't try justify this disgusting, pathetic and cowardly act.

My group passed these guys on Sunday, well before this event and they most certainly were not riding in a considerate and orderly manner, even then. Luckily they were much slower than us so we didn't see them again.

And there info start popping up. think more riders can respond on this???

This situation totally out of control.Traffic Dept should step in and limit the number of cyclists using the Campsbay - Seapoint , the Muizenberg - Fishhoek Route and the Chappies route especially over the weekends before the Cycle Tour .This will really suck as I train around Campsbay every day ,but maybe this will get the message across.

Ha ha, traffic police wont do anything unless they are paid.

Maybe the traffic police should close all the roads you mentioned and just allow cyclists on the weekends on these routes before the argus, then a car can never come in contact with a bike.

Maybe everyone can just chill and be patient for the 3 weeks before the Argus. Its part of living in Cape Town, every year in March the city hosts the worlds largest timed cycling event, get with the program.

and limit the number of cyclists using the Campsbay - Seapoint , the Muizenberg - Fishhoek Route and the Chappies route especially over the weekends before the Cycle Tour

:eek: :eek:

:eek:HOW WOULD YOU SUGGEST THIS BE MONITORED?????

:eek:

My sons version.... when is born ill ask him the funny thing is the hub is just a part of media where we make up stuff .. you guys wana no who i am in the clip . don''t think i was there ...59 secs of that clip really shows the whole fight . what really happened we don't no . i am was not there i just watched the clip like all of the guys on the hub. assuming like all what happened . looking at the clip that car is standing near the robots that might of been red . why would the guy in the clip be standing still ? we wanna name them an band them an say they wrong in the one blog i read they where sprayed with water . as cyclist know its really dangerous when roads are wet falling is not nice .breaking a collar is not all .

Wonder if Google Translate can help me... :eek: :wacko: :blink:

and limit the number of cyclists using the Campsbay - Seapoint , the Muizenberg - Fishhoek Route and the Chappies route especially over the weekends before the Cycle Tour

:eek: :eek:

:eek:HOW WOULD YOU SUGGEST THIS BE MONITORED?????

:eek:

They could ask racetec.....and all cyclist should have the chip....in addition to the one on their shoulder......almost like the e- tolls.... :D

Edited by urbanroyal

John Maytham is discussing the incident on cape talk right now and is asking people to call in...

The only cycling club that has homepage pics of riders riding 4 - 5 abrest on the roads. http://mc2cycling.co.za/

Hi guys

This is an unfortunate embarrassing incident for the club which is not part of their ethos. We cannot be critical of the club because of the unruly behaviour of a few members. The responsible parties will be taken to task.

The behavior portrayed in the video is unacceptable even if provoked i agree however is it now fair to judge MCC because of the action of 1% of its members.

SOoo.. to sum it up the guys took a beating,... pepper spray and wheel to the head ,,. all because the leader of this pack cant negotiate traffic,and recognize a stationary VAN almost riding into it,. with the whole pack..... :huh:

LEARN TO DRIVE ........................ your bicycles

Cant be very safe in a car with that leader..

Hi guys

This is an unfortunate embarrassing incident for the club which is not part of their ethos. We cannot be critical of the club because of the unruly behaviour of a few members. The responsible parties will be taken to task.

The behavior portrayed in the video is unacceptable even if provoked i agree however is it now fair to judge MCC because of the action of 1% of its members.

if the club cant control its members then maybe when all its members are penalised or banned then the club as a whole will learn to discipline their members from day 1 and not once they beat innocent people up?

Hi guys

Other than possessing a bicycle there is no barrier of entry to being a cyclist. There can be barriers of entry when a club signs up new members - like a code of conduct. Edited by 2wheelsgood

Hi guys

Dis-agree.

Their reaction to this on their facebook page speaks volumes.

Edited by Cellar