Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

because they coloured guys we say they gangsters ... what if they had been white then would things be find .

I any colour they are thugs,bullies and jtops.

Race has nothing to do with this :eek:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just this one van. Pretty much every motorist who sees or probably even hears about this video is going to be a lot more aggressive to us in future.

No argument on that from me! .....I proffered that notion on this forum ages ago and what shot down as if by Baron Non Richthofen.....

See the comment on their FB page. I registered to post this. I'm not a cyclist, but a road user in CT and it's not a good time for you (cycling as a collective). Last week I witnessed a cyclist abusing a woman in a car for over a block in Muizenberg, screaming in her window while swerving all over the road. Yesterday St James road was a nightmare with cyclists suddenly going from single-file to three abreast for no apparent reason and skipping red lights. None of this gives you guys a good name.

Witness #1: Faizel Hendricks

Not legally. Can only be used in mitigation of sentence.

Only legal if it constitutes self defense, retribution is what we have here; not the same thing.

Correct, in English Law, provocation is a defense in a murder case. If successful, perpetrator may be found guilty of manslaughter. As SA criminal law is not codified, we rely on common law. Thus English Law may be applicable. See also case of Chretien, 1981... my input for the day, NOT AT ALL condoning the actions (or reactions if you want) of these scumbag-angry-douchie roadies in the video).

i really not feeling up to legal debate today. Happy reading

http://www.justice.gov.za/sca/judgments%5Csca_2002/2001_196.pdf

p.s. another aggro CT resident

and to be a bit more academic http://contentpro.seals.ac.za/iii/cpro/DigitalItemViewPage.external?lang=eng&sp=1004205&sp=T&suite=def

pity the audio is so bad. I would have loved to have counted how many times JMSP was flung about.

Whats really sad is that the 1.5m rule seems to really be making most drivers i encounter more vigilent. There are still many with a FY attitude and this incident going viral will only reinforce that attitude.

I suspect a lot of poor drivers will be intimidating more cyclists

I hear you...but how on earth does a motorist apply the 1.5m rule in a street like that one in Camps bay?? Especially on a Sunday AM with 20 0000 cyclist bunching up all over the place??

Virtually impossible...I'm almost not too surprized that it came to conflict...too many cars and too many cyclist together in a fairly narrow space...

we can all comment on how crazy they are .............. come on guys think of it like this what if it was YOU or your CHILD what would you do .

you have kinda opened a can of whoop ass here, however if that was me or my kid been bugged by a driver would explain nice and firm not acceptable, if that was me and my kids in the van having that *** done to me,, by kids trust me i would put my damn foot down and ride their bikes moer toe, (and yes i am a cyclist but no one will endanger me or my family point), if those were my kids and their friends doing the mob justice, I would bliksem 7 kinds of k@k out of him fetch all his "bras in da hood" and march the swines to the police to be dealt with POINT, what are we showing the world that in SA we rule the roost and do things vigilante style no im sorry if these or any of these are your kids sorry to say handle it be a parent and do whats right, nothing the driver could have done or said was deservant of the blatant attack. however the follow on will only be felt later down the road when a innocent woman or child or cyclist training minding his own and doing what he loves gets "taken out" by a pissed off crazed motorist cause of a bunch of ill mannered ill tempered twats.

I any colour they are thugs,bullies and jtops.

Race has nothing to do with this :eek:

How sure are you??? :ph34r:

I'm going to post a video on the interwebs of some cyclists of colour standing next to the road, and you just watch how that baby goes viral :oops:

Please tell us your son's version of events?

I am guessing that he was involved

My sons version.... when is born ill ask him the funny thing is the hub is just a part of media where we make up stuff .. you guys wana no who i am in the clip . don''t think i was there ...59 secs of that clip really shows the whole fight . what really happened we don't no . i am was not there i just watched the clip like all of the guys on the hub. assuming like all what happened . looking at the clip that car is standing near the robots that might of been red . why would the guy in the clip be standing still ? we wanna name them an band them an say they wrong in the one blog i read they where sprayed with water . as cyclist know its really dangerous when roads are wet falling is not nice .breaking a collar is not all .

I hear you...but how on earth does a motorist apply the 1.5m rule in a street like that one in Camps bay?? Especially on a Sunday AM with 20 0000 cyclist bunching up all over the place??

Virtually impossible...I'm almost not too surprized that it came to conflict...too many cars and too many cyclist together in a fairly narrow space...

Quite easy, Cassie... We wait

Does not justify their behaviour.

To placate a few Hubbers: what happened before that? Why would guys in a van pelt a large group of cyclists with "stuff".

What is shocking is that the Club is endorsing the unlawful behaviour of its members. From their own communications it is clear that there have been many prior incidents of altercations between club members and motorists.

Dis flippen gusting, close the damn club.