Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

I agree. Shame. They drag the name of the "Good" Cyclist throught the mud. Name Them, Shame Them. Ban them from Argus, and ban them from all events for a year. At Least.

We wanna name them an band them from what . we watching a clip that shows 59 secs of what is the middle of the argument or the start we don't no . i too am a cyclist i have been knocked over 5 times by motorist an thrown at many times because the kids an motorist think they can get away . now that cyclist are taking action we wana make them look like the bad guys . we should sit down an think what really went wrong , because they coloured guys we say they gangsters ... what if they had been white then would things be find . as a cycling body stand up for yourself . we had world champs being killed by cars what do we do NOTHING now we cyclist are doing something

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the colour, there are a lot more "boxes" on the road these.

Almost every demographic seems to have a chip on their shoulder.

Unfortunately they tend to attract each other and group together.

We wanna name them an band them from what . we watching a clip that shows 59 secs of what is the middle of the argument or the start we don't no . i too am a cyclist i have been knocked over 5 times by motorist an thrown at many times because the kids an motorist think they can get away . now that cyclist are taking action we wana make them look like the bad guys . we should sit down an think what really went wrong , because they coloured guys we say they gangsters ... what if they had been white then would things be find . as a cycling body stand up for yourself . we had world champs being killed by cars what do we do NOTHING now we cyclist are doing something

Vigilantism is illegal you know.

Take your racist BS elsewhere. Race has nothing to do with their shocking behaviour.

Edited by Blackbeard

Muhammadeyah Cycling Club AS WE KNOW YOU MIGHT HAVE WITNESSED THE TAIL END OF THE INCIDENT, WE WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED A MORE CONCISE VERSION OF THE EVENTS LEADING UP TO THIS POINT, AS NOW IT APPEARS AS IF THE CYCLISTS HAD NO REASONING FOR THIS RETALIATION YET THEY WERE ULTIMATELY THE VICTIMS OF THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT. IT ALSO SEEMS THAT THIS VERSION IS NOW MAKING ITS ROUNDS ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT PROPER INVESTIGATION, SO TYPICAL UNFORTUNATELY.

"Ultimately the victims" ????? wtf

So how's about sharing their version of events???

PS: Is Dips the chairman of Muhammadeyah Cycling Club :whistling:

So its okay to attack Paul for what Peter did to you? What kind of F&^%ed up logic is that????

Small h - it's in the original post. That's a full eyewitness account with corroborative video evidence

The post just makes it sound like there is more than just this video...... :oops:

The post just makes it sound like there is more than just this video...... :oops:

But he does sound a lot more credible than this guy who came here to defend these morons.

Edited by Cellar

Are you for real? That is not *standing up for yourself* that is a bunch of cowards attacking as a mob. I would love to see hoe tough they are individually without weapons or all their buddies to back them up.

Pathetic wimps the whole lot of them.

Wasn't the merits of what you said but rather the way you said it.

That observation went sailing clean over your head.

Anyway let's focus on the topic at hand, unless you keen to hog the spot light with your issues?

No pal my post went way over your head and you played the man.

How do you justify a bunch of twats attacking a person (guilty / innocent or not) with Pepperspray, Bicycle wheels, Punches, etc (and damage the vehicle) just because they could not open their eyes and SEE the vehicle double parked?

As they are "locals" surely they cycle that stretch of road a lot. It is common knowledge that on a Saturday, Sunday or any Public Holiday, that area is very busy with cars, taxis, motorcycles, pedestrians AND CYCLISTS.

So if you are going to be going down that stretch of road at top speed, you can expect to have some kind of incident, be it pedestrians stepping out infront of you, Taxis stopping infront of you, Car doors being opened, Cars pulling into the road, etc.

So just a bit of common sense is needed to negotiate this stretch safely.

DUE DILIGENCE IS WHAT IT IS CALLED.

Reading their facebook page it seems this was in reaction to being pelted with things while riding... water sachets etc

"DEAR RICHARD, THANK YOU FOR THIS FOOTAGE, IT IS A PITY THAT THE WHOLE VERSION OF THE FOOTAGE WAS NOT TAPED. THE DRIVER OF THE VAN AND ITS OCCUPANTS (COMING FROM THE JIVE WALK) VICTIMISED, PRACTICALLY ABUSED OUR RIDERS BY THROWING THEM WITH STUFF, WATER BOMPIES(SACHETS) EARLIER ON, THE DRIVER NEVER ANTICIPATED THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS WOULD TURN RED, WHICH MEANT OUR GUYS CAUGHT UP WITH THEM AND THIS WAS A RESULT OF ANGRY CYCLISTS HAVING HAD, HAD ENOUGH OF VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE BY SOME MOTORISTS." - off their Facebook page