Basic Etiquette - Andrew Joubert Letter in "Bicycling" This Month

Guest Zeitgeist

Guest Zeitgeist

Andrew Joubert wrote a letter to the editor in the May/June edition of Bycling. Gist of it is that as he is now "slumming" it on short distance road races, those riding these distances with more social intent than Andrew's feverish pelatonic manic fervour should just rather get lost.

The arrogance and assishness of this pillik is legendary. This is the reason cyclists, and specifically roadies are much hated. They portray a sad and pathetic fake hubris that just irritates everybody. Who do you think you are? Just because you and your ilk have amounted to nothing, especially as cyclists, you try to laud your relative superiority over people who are actually enjoying the sport. Why not just try to be less of a D_0_0_S - your kids will like you more too. Now THAT is basic etiquette

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: So angry early on a Sunday morning - best medicine is to ride a bike ;)

Someone re-post the letter so we can see what this is about?

Sorry for the ignorance but I don't spend my money on cycling magazines.

Wouldn't that be Andre Joubert...

Wouldn't that be the Rolls Royce of the world cup team.....

I didn't know cyclists are much hated? I'm a cyclist and have loads of friends. I assume my friends must like me.

If so some decides to hate me because I am a cyclist and some other cyclist said something immature I will certainly not give it any serious thought. Relax already!!!