Who remembers?

DPG

First album was this when I was 12.

a7be61f7228b6632114dce5ef9da750a.jpg

It all started with spinning my dad's Rolling Stones LPs. I was probably around 6 at the time, all thanks to Sending Vietnam (who remembers that awesome tv show), Paint it black was my favourite song for yeas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-52292-0-60123200-1524171987_thumb.jpegpost-52292-0-17775500-1524171998_thumb.jpeg

My first LP. Those tracks......bicycle race and fat bottomed girls...brilliant! I bought a Kenwood system in 1981, my first pay check as an appy at SAA, was the deposit. My Mom financed it and I paid it off. My daughter still uses the turntable now albeit with a modest upgrade in stylus..Ortofon. I still use the speakers with my telly, though I have rewired them with gold cable from Radio Shack in US, before they went bust.

Have all of Queen on LP now , and Pink Floyd too. Trying to get my Metallica collection sorted now.

Edited...spelling, eikona wena....this vin rouge!

Edited by Spokey

The first song I played on my newly installed Radio/Tape in my Datsun was Roy Orbison's Only the Lonely - I still remember how great it sounded after a day installing Pioneer 60W speakers in the back shelf and 24W in the front doors....

And I'm looking at the scar in my fingertip right now almost 30 years later where I drilled right through the front door panel for the speaker mounting holes and into my fingertip......

Man, you remember the first song played on your tape deck in you car......awesome!! My favourite memories of times past in my first car is Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd, my Vee Dub Beetle with the amp under the passenger seat and a set of Pioneer 6x9 ‘s mounted on a board across the doggy box. Patrick Cowley, Megatron Man is there too!!

Man, you remember the first song played on your tape deck in you car......awesome!! My favourite memories of times past in my first car is Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd, my Vee Dub Beetle with the amp under the passenger seat and a set of Pioneer 6x9 ‘s mounted on a board across the doggy box. Patrick Cowley, Megatron Man is there too!!

I'll tell you a really funny story about that tape deck - it was one of those removable Sony types that you could slide out and hide under the seat - in my case I used to hide it under the passenger seat.  I took a girl out on a date one night and when we got back to the car after dinner I casually put my hand on the seat next to her and leaned down to get the radio with my other hand.  The presence of my one hand heading down towards where her skirt ended, and the movement of my head towards her nether regions were too much for her poor innocent soul and she leapt out the car as if she had been stung by a bee....

Even though I explained I was getting the radio I don't think she really believed me and figured I was going straight for home base.

It was an awkward silence on the drive back home.

Gents and ladies. 76 pages spread over four years. We've had clubs and tapes and bmx's and bands but we haven't had one mention of the most iconic thing to come out of the 80's - something that we all drooled over. Only the privileged had one, schoolboys had posters on their walls and longed for one

It is........ the HONDA XR 200R.

post-62570-0-95956200-1524214424.jpg

sold mine recently to make space in the garage. was mint condition. miss her already

I have a 1984 XR200R in my garage at the moment. Well to be fair, some of it is in the garage, some of it is in the shed and the rolling chassis us under cover next to the house. It is the twin carb RFVC model. Next on the to do list once my garage is sorted out.

Gents and ladies. 76 pages spread over four years. We've had clubs and tapes and bmx's and bands but we haven't had one mention of the most iconic thing to come out of the 80's - something that we all drooled over. Only the privileged had one, schoolboys had posters on their walls and longed for one

XR500 was on my dream list. Still is. 

My boet had the 500R. that was a beast

they were both magnificent. we had a "road" within our school called jacaranda drive. When I was in form 2 we had a matric guy called Shaun Honey who wheelied it non stop. Every day the form ones would line Jacaranda drive just after school and most days Shaun would wheelie out of the school. If he was in a cuc mood he wouldn't. Was super impressive as a lightie to watch. remember those days well.

just out of the army I bought a 500R - almost wrote myself off in the first 5 kms. Took it back to the oke I bought it from and got my cash back. was a beast indeed. Trying to kick start it was indeed an art. if you did it wrong it would break your ankle.

Edited by Disher

The first song I played on my newly installed Radio/Tape in my Datsun was Roy Orbison's Only the Lonely - I still remember how great it sounded after a day installing Pioneer 60W speakers in the back shelf and 24W in the front doors....

And I'm looking at the scar in my fingertip right now almost 30 years later where I drilled right through the front door panel for the speaker mounting holes and into my fingertip......

nothing beat making your own mix tape recording off the radio