Saddle Bag - MTB

Rotiringer

I see posts slagging off saddle bags occasionally in the classifieds section etc.

Is this an image thing or a practical matter. Why are some folk so against keeping tools in a bag under your seat?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the Zipper opens up and you loose your tools. I have a water bottle cage on my seat post with a bottle where I carry all my tools. Works like a charm. No CLING, CLONG.

They keep their wifes happy for emergencies or borrow tools from a riding buddy or maybe they keep to the soft tracks. I have not been cycling that long but know that chains, tyres other moving parts do break.

Bwahahaha. It's in the rules.......but seriously, it's personal preference. As long as the saddlebag is matched to the bike and doesn't look horriblke it's fine. Keeping tools in a bag is definitely helpfull, IF they aren't rattling around etc etc.

At the end of the day it's the same as with camelbacks, some like em some don't. I love mine because I lag half a workshop and a pharmacy along.

I ride with all my spares in a saddle bag, do not really care what others think, maybe it is just that they want to look like pros(who do not ride with spares)

Some people also get a Camelbak with extra pockets for the spares

Would you put one of those blue bull dangles on your car.

If yes, fit a saddlebag, otherwise no, unless you are a cowboy of course

Edited by rouxtjie