Bikes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few months back there was a newspaper article in the Cape Times about a bikejacking in Somerset West, that was caught on the cyclist GoPro. I even checked out the video of the robbery as uploaded on  YouTube. Well today I attended Somerset West Regional court and witnessed two of the perpetrators sentencing.

Magistrate Cannon had the following to say to the accused:

"Your cowardice act have effects on many who enjoy the  sports of cycling, who now has it in their minds that they are easy targets when enjoying their sport. You have thereby infringed on the constitutional right to freedom of movement of many...you need to be removed from society...Society expect it. The court cannot ignore the reasonable expectation of society."

They were both sentenced effectively to 11 years direct imprisonment for the robbery. The gunslinger was given a further sentence of 3 years direct imprisonment for possession of a firearm without being licenced.  

Just thought this forum could get some good news.

Great news let that be a warning to all those scum out there !! :thumbup:

what??!?! Then how come Oscar only get 10 months? does not compute..

Agree......but still a whoop, whoop......hoooorah!........worthy! Justice!!

(might have been a bit more effective if first day was accompanied by some physical corporal punishment........bietjie gatvelle warm maak tot hy sy mamma soek).

what??!?! Then how come Oscar only get 10 months? does not compute.. 

marius, you may not post anything more until you start writing race reports again

I dont think being shot behind a toilet door infringes on a constitutional write to sit/stand on/at the throne of thought and admire ones work