A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

Prepper?  :whistling:  :lol:  :lol:  But all with good reason I'd say ...

ha ha, yes I am also guilty of prepper bashing. But hell, the yanks really do take it to another level! 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Capricorn? He crapped on me, and said I was talking rubbish, some time ago for suggesting that Eskom was useless and he maintains they are a sterling organisation with great, hard working highly skilled people (he didn't mention very well paid). We should be praising them for supplying what power we are lucky enough to get.  :devil:

I'm sure there are these type of people there (like at SANRAL) but they do not seem to be making any discernible improvement for whatever reason.

I also remember him saying something along the lines of "watch out for Feb/March, that's when it will be a real mess" and so far he appears to be right on the money.

post-63067-1422207312,8991.jpg

#loadshedding #thwarted

Frekin coolest generator ever.
Quiet and runs everything but the stove and geyser!

Edited by Latent_Blue

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1422207303.992377.jpg

#loadshedding #thwarted

Frekin coolest generator ever.

Quiet and rums everything but the stove and geyser!

Well - now you have lights.... but you aren't living yet.... I am not looking forward to loadshedding in winter... bye bye 44kva's worth of underfloor heating...

Do you have a transfer switch installed, or are you planning to do the switching all manually?

Well - now you have lights.... but you aren't living yet.... I am not looking forward to loadshedding in winter... bye bye 44kva's worth of underfloor heating...

Do you have a transfer switch installed, or are you planning to do the switching all manually?

Setting it up takes me 2 minutes... so ill just do it all manually...

(in Durban we don't need heating  :clap: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Load shedding is back!!!

Power is off in Lansdowne area

Yippee ki freakin yay. Was busy on my PC when the power went out yesterday in Centurion. Was a bit of a call back to reality. Suddenly remembered about things like UPS systems again...

Yippee ki freakin yay. Was busy on my PC when the power went out yesterday in Centurion. Was a bit of a call back to reality. Suddenly remembered about things like UPS systems again...

Here in Cape Town, we had it yesterday, and now again. 

We should secede from the Republic, and form a new separate nation called Cape Province, then we keep Koeberg, and sell excess power to South Africa. Visas to enter the Cape Province are only valid for 3 days at a time, and we don't allow day visitors.

We shouldn't mock Eskom. At least the power utility performs better than Bafana Bafana, who have no difficulty getting past stage 1.

RIP tumbles - tragic, yet funny...not often I'm going to see a quote from you on the active page of a thread.

Lod shedding only affects my neighbours... and my coffee machine, but I at least have a mokka pot as backup.