Adverse analytical finding - in competition test

News bot

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe who?

Better be careful, sarcasm is not allowed .

Good to see them catching one of the many vet racers 'competing' at the sharp end of vets racing who are juiced up.

:thumbup:

Yip, and lots of male tandem wins

Yip, Happens to be an ex sa champ. Think it was about 3 years ago he won. BUT he is no longer riding with the guy he won with.

Cycling South Africa reports that veteran cyclist Joe van der Westhuizen returned an adverse analytical finding in an in-competition test conducted by the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) on 4 October 2014 at the Engen Cycle in the City Race.

Click here to view the article

Hectic! As someone who has raced against Joe on many occasions over the last year or so, I actually don't know what to say  :wacko:

"The analytical report confirmed the presence of the Anabolic Agent, Clenbuterol as well as the Glucocorticosteroid, Prednisone and its metabolite Prednisolone"

That is no small amount of serious drugs which got there on purpose.

This is the sort of cheating that is deliberate and devious and deserves a life time ban from racing. By this I mean a racing licence. I have no problem with a banned doper returning to UNseeded funriding after a few years.

Jaaayyyyyy....I move into 3rd possie now on that crit.

Wonder if Joe will refund me the difference in winnings?  :ph34r:

**** it's funny that Vets have to dope to be competitive in SA.....I mean if you loose then you loose.....better luck next time and a challenge to train harder and smarter........ :rolleyes:  :lol:  :lol:

"The analytical report confirmed the presence of the Anabolic Agent, Clenbuterol as well as the Glucocorticosteroid, Prednisone and its metabolite Prednisolone"

That is no small amount of serious drugs which got there on purpose.

This is the sort of cheating that is deliberate and devious and deserves a life time ban from racing. By this I mean a racing licence. I have no problem with a banned doper returning to UNseeded funriding after a few years.

I was wondering the same thing.......

That is sure a pretty big mix of things.  Glen we all know from Contador and Chilliboy rugby dude......

The other stuff sounds like medicine. 

So it is hard to take a judgemental note if you don't know what he took? 

Anyone with decent knowledge on this that can speculate?  Was it deliberate or just a decent steak from blue-bull country?

Jaaayyyyyy....I move into 3rd possie now on that crit.

Wonder if Joe will refund me the difference in winnings?  :ph34r:

**** it's funny that Vets have to dope to be competitive in SA.....I mean if you loose then you loose.....better luck next time and a challenge to train harder and smarter........ :rolleyes:  :lol:  :lol:

I think the biggest problem with doping in this country is in the vets and sub vets cat

Are there any previously banned dopers from the elites/VA/VB groups now languishing in the fun ride groups after their return?

Are there any previously banned dopers from the elites/VA/VB groups now languishing in the fun ride groups after their return?

Good question.......

I was wondering the same thing.......

That is sure a pretty big mix of things.  Glen we all know from Contador and Chilliboy rugby dude......

The other stuff sounds like medicine. 

So it is hard to take a judgemental note if you don't know what he took? 

Anyone with decent knowledge on this that can speculate?  Was it deliberate or just a decent steak from blue-bull country?

Report says he waived his right to a hearing. If he had taken the stuff under doctor's prescription for a medical issue, I would imagine he would at least have a hearing to present mitigating circumstances in hope of a lesser sanction.

If any of the substances were subject to a TUE then they would be excluded from the finding.

The contents of the press release appear pretty damning.