Ethics in classifieds!?

JTK

People like to bitch for the sake of bitching. Quite frankly, if I am selling something I can sell to whoever I want to. It's my thing. Even if you called dibs, if another person offers me more, I have the right to sell it to that person.

Unethical is someone advertising something as like new but when you get it, it's a piece of ****.

so if i were to buy a set of wheels for 5k, and they turned out to be a set of carbon paperweights, besides rating the seller, what can i do?

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so if i were to buy a set of wheels for 5k, and they turned out to be a set of carbon paperweights, besides rating the seller, what can i do?

Start your own thread but withhold the name of the hubber. Then when everyone is on your side let us know who it is, should take about 3-4 pages before it happens. Other things likely to happen in said thread, "there are three sides to every story", "I know him and he is a stand up guy" and "better watch out, you could get sued for that".

Not very helpful, sorry  :thumbdown:

Start your own thread but withhold the name of the hubber. Then when everyone is on your side let us know who it is, should take about 3-4 pages before it happens. Other things likely to happen in said thread, "there are three sides to every story", "I know him and he is a stand up guy" and "better watch out, you could get sued for that".

Oh and dont forget, you will get questioned, your character will be challenged and you will probably take up drinking on a daily basis.

i have an interesting one, guy finally decides he wants to make a purchase , then keeps me waiting a few days, then drops my price... i get tired of the run around so i accept the lowered price. Again he doesnt make the payment . a few days later he asks me to drop again...

is it okay for me to just ignore his messages ? some people also ...Deep Sigh

i have an interesting one, guy finally decides he wants to make a purchase , then keeps me waiting a few days, then drops my price... i get tired of the run around so i accept the lowered price. Again he doesnt make the payment . a few days later he asks me to drop again...

stuur hom in sy moer in...tell him you no longer want to sell it to him. 

Easy man. You live by your choices. Decide what is more important for you. o sell the item even at the lower price or to tell the purchaser to get lost. You chose.

That is grounds to tell him to FU%$ OFF!

People who change the terms of an agreement after it was made are no better than zebra urine.

Edited by Patchelicious

What a retard. Yes, it's okay. Just tell him he no longer has the item... 

thanks for the reply, not really interested in name and shame game. i'm doing stuff to raise funds for an orphanage, and can't afford throwing 5k away. just wondering if there was any other way to get my money back or equivilant

thanks for the reply, not really interested in name and shame game. i'm doing stuff to raise funds for an orphanage, and can't afford throwing 5k away. just wondering if there was any other way to get my money back or equivilant

No problem. You should sadly always assume you will not get your money back, safer that way! There are many decent hubbers on here who would refund you but they are also likely to be the ones who make sure a product they sell is in the condition they advertise it as.

The above is just my view.

I've recently sold a bunch of stuff and I have to say - all the guys that actually bought goods  were awesome. Easy going with a little negotiation here and there - most ended up staying for coffee and a chat. Super cool dealings.

The people that didn't buy...lordy lord. 50 "is this item still availables" followed by a "sure" followed by complete silence, a few typical "i will offer 30% of the asking price CASH! deal ends today", a fair amount of "i'll definitely come through on saturday" then complete silence until the inevitable no show.

In total I'd say more positive experiences than negative though. I find thebikehub a pretty good place to move/buy goods at prices that are good for both buyer and seller.

Well I pissed off a couple of guys today....I'm sorry...I offered all the same deal...first guy that rocked up with the cash took goods...I've had the runaround too many times ...to take any chances ...what I can say...its the hub and more deals will come your way. ..????

I've recently sold a bunch of stuff and I have to say - all the guys that actually bought goods  were awesome. Easy going with a little negotiation here and there - most ended up staying for coffee and a chat. Super cool dealings.

The people that didn't buy...lordy lord. 50 "is this item still availables" followed by a "sure" followed by complete silence, a few typical "i will offer 30% of the asking price CASH! deal ends today", a fair amount of "i'll definitely come through on saturday" then complete silence until the inevitable no show.

In total I'd say more positive experiences than negative though. I find thebikehub a pretty good place to move/buy goods at prices that are good for both buyer and seller.

Agreed, most guys are good.

I once sold an item, where I left it for the buyer under my car parked at the Cradle, went on a ride, told them to drop the cash through the window which I left cracked just a bit.

Returned, goods were gone, cash was in envelope on front seat. Never met the person.

Faith in humanity restored.

Agreed, most guys are good.

I once sold an item, where I left it for the buyer under my car parked at the Cradle, went on a ride, told them to drop the cash through the window which I left in my crack just a bit.

Returned, goods were gone, cash was in envelope on front seat. Never met the person.

Faith in humanity restored.

I had the same experience. Unfortunately nothing you can do. I started a thread about the my bad experience but at the end of the day look at it as paying school fees.

Would cost too much in lawyers fees to get my money back for the cracked carbon wheels I purchased.

I have bought and sold many items on the Hub and that was my first bad experience.

It evens itself out in the long run