Re Spray by Bogus Designs

I'm making it look like a mini Les Paul.... To match my Custom and my Junior.....  :ph34r:

As long as you do not dress like a hipster when you play the Ukulele 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you do not dress like a hipster when you play the Ukulele 

To be fair...... I have been bearded, wearing flannel shirts and raglin sleeve Ts since the 90s.

I'm a product of punk and metal. I however don't have a tatt sleeve, prefer tea to coffee and I don't like craft beer. 

They stole our look! 

wow that is absolutely beautiful. But white bikes, never again for me. I was spending more times cleaning it than riding.

How long did it take him to do this job ? I saw previously in this post someone mentionned about 5 weeks ? I can't imagine not riding one of my bikes for so long, even if it means having such a pretty beast afterwards.... maybe next injury  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

wow that is absolutely beautiful. But white bikes, never again for me. I was spending more times cleaning it than riding.

How long did it take him to do this job ? I saw previously in this post someone mentionned about 5 weeks ? I can't imagine not riding one of my bikes for so long, even if it means having such a pretty beast afterwards.... maybe next injury  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

It took him three and a half weeks.. I decided to do the MTB now while it was still a bit rainy season, and I was away for 10 ten days where I could anyways only ride my roadbike. So it actually didn't feel that long. I maybe missed out on 3 or 4 possible MTB rides in that time.

The "spray time" is directly proportional to the detail of the project.

As Johan said, about 3 weeks for a typical "two tone" project.  But when you look at the multi-layered art projects it takes longer ....

Our project was a single colour, with a multi-colour detail on the down tube  (thus paint-dry-paint-dry- more painting...)  This took 10 working days at CBR Durbanville.

The real time with these projects is the waiting list to get your bike into one of the these painters.  Not sure what the post-covid waiting periods are, but last year it was months to get in at Bogus, and about 3 weeks to get in at CBR Durbanville.  (noted that you are more concerned with your time off the bike)

Has anyone else experienced that bikes which have been resprayed seem to chip easier than the original paint?

Could just be the way 'my guy' who is just a regular car spraypainter does it of course ...

Has anyone else experienced that bikes which have been resprayed seem to chip easier than the original paint?

Could just be the way 'my guy' who is just a regular car spraypainter does it of course ...

Not a single chip on my gravel bike yet, lots gravel riding too.

It took him three and a half weeks.. I decided to do the MTB now while it was still a bit rainy season, and I was away for 10 ten days where I could anyways only ride my roadbike. So it actually didn't feel that long. I maybe missed out on 3 or 4 possible MTB rides in that time.

very reasonnable then, and worth it !