New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust (CTCTT) has announced a new entry process for the 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour. In line with international best practice, it will take the form of an online ballot system to eliminate the quick sell-out of entries and ensure a more equitable process for all prospective riders.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this applies to the pros as well

They probably fall under charity entries. Even if Contador or another PRO rocked up on the morning of the Cycle tour, I am fairly certain they would be allowed to ride.

Glad I am registered with the PPA :D

18K PPA members & 5K entries allocated to PPA members.

Yes not all will enter but you are definitely not guaranteed an entry, only better odds of getting one

This year's event left a sour taste in my mouth.

I know it was out of their control, but I am not that excited to enter for next year.

I sincerely hope there are lots more peeps that share your lack of enthusiasm....

18K PPA members & 5K entries allocated to PPA members.

Yes not all will enter but you are definitely not guaranteed an entry, only better odds of getting one

Less worried about the entry and more worried about keeping my fat ass seeded in the A bunch this year.

Also, no mention of the second lap yet in the press release.

it sucks that cyclists that have supported ppa and the cycle tour all these years will now have to join the "lotto entry system" PPA do a lot of work outside the cycle tour to promote cycling and safe cycling at that. the hosting of events that cater for ppa and non ppa riders has helped to grow the cycling pool of consumers for all who make a living out of cycling and big events like the cycle tour. loyal ppa memebers who pay to keep up all this good work they do, should not have to go into a 5000 Lotto entry system. from a safety perspective, less risky cyclist both health and skills wise, belong to ppa as they do other races. does this mean that all the pre argus seeding races for the 2016 now mean F%$#@&*!@!ck all and that no more seeding races will count in the future. this decision should be postphoned until more feedback is garnered from the cycling clubs and organisations and cyclist and other role players..the city will lose out in revenue if cyclists from other pats of the country/world will not be guaranteed a place in time to make travel arrangments. we all know that visitors to cape town spend more money in the week prior to the race and after, than the locals living here. i think the organisers have got this one wrong as little or no consultation has been done with more role players. this is a very late stage to introduce such a drastic change to the entry process. by all means recommend change but first get more opinions before implementing such a drastic change. so the couch potato who has had nothing to do with cycling stands an even chance as the guy who has been doing all the seeding races?????

Glad I am registered with the PPA :D

They should not worry about entry system and expo, worry about the 2m ditch that is currently main road Muizenberg/fish hoek.

Still!!!!! That road is taking a looooong time.