ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The teeth are on the inside... My wife's boereraat (and yes, she is a farm girl!) was crayons. But you cannot get to the actual zip to rub it on! It needs another wash, so I'll try soaking it in liquid soap. Those poor Myprodols are long since no longer of any use! 

I gave up on Salomon running vests long ago for this reason.

I unpicked/cut out the zips and sewed in velcro tabs or draw strings.

Now i run with hydro shorts/home made versions and/or hand helds.

For races with compulsory kit I use an old cheap firsct ascent pack. It has bottle holders on the straps and a draw string back pocket. 

All this fancy kit for gazillions of zar is starting to feel like cycling!

Anyone use the RUNN treadmill sensors? Any good for zwift, multiple users Thinking of importing one

Anyone use the RUNN treadmill sensors? Any good for zwift, multiple users Thinking of importing one

I do.

The reason I chose the Runn over the footpods is specifically for multiple users. Both Wife and I use the treadmill and more recently my son. So the Runn is a  great way that we all share the device and lowers the per person cost. 

It works great - after a quick calibration to match the treadmill speed it works a treat. I placed the stickers every 50cm on the belt and was up and running (pun intended) in less than 10 minutes. 

Charge lasts about 10 days with three people using it three times a week for 30-60 minute runs.

It picks up cadence and elevation as well. Although I am not too sure about the accuracy of the elevation reading.

I highly recommend as a cheap way to get Zwifting quickly.

I do.

The reason I chose the Runn over the footpods is specifically for multiple users. Both Wife and I use the treadmill and more recently my son. So the Runn is a  great way that we all share the device and lowers the per person cost. 

It works great - after a quick calibration to match the treadmill speed it works a treat. I placed the stickers every 50cm on the belt and was up and running (pun intended) in less than 10 minutes. 

Charge lasts about 10 days with three people using it three times a week for 30-60 minute runs.

It picks up cadence and elevation as well. Although I am not too sure about the accuracy of the elevation reading.

I highly recommend as a cheap way to get Zwifting quickly.

Thanks Wayne, If i may ask which dealer did you get it from? any customs on it (assume it was zero% customs and only VAT payable as its "sporting goods")

Thanks Wayne, If i may ask which dealer did you get it from? any customs on it (assume it was zero% customs and only VAT payable as its "sporting goods")

i bought locally. But I live in New Zealand.

My bakkie was due a service and I dropped it off at Reeds N1 City this morning. Due to there being no drop off service I elected to run home as opposed to waiting for the wife to finish the school run. Halfway through the 12km run home it hit me, this is the reason why I aim to be as fit and healthy as possible. Not for the medals and the goodie bags but actually being able to live and experience life as comfortably as possible.

What an enjoyable experience. Seeing the sun come up while running never gets old, testing the legs on unfamiliar roads and hills was awesome and comparing where I was a few years back in terms of fitness made me realize how fortunate I am to be injury free. Have a great day out there everybody [emoji1474]

I have done some homework on the runn sensor and it looks like the best route to go if there are multi users of the treadmill and it connects to zwift running which is a positive. Are there any local distributors as i can`t fathom paying courier costs and dealing with time delays ?        

I have done some homework on the runn sensor and it looks like the best route to go if there are multi users of the treadmill and it connects to zwift running which is a positive. Are there any local distributors as i can`t fathom paying courier costs and dealing with time delays ?        

Not that i found. Shipping and clearing costs does seem alot. Not many options worldwide either, also unclear on customs costs, hope the HS codes used allow for it as sporting goods so no customs, just VAT. Not available on Amazon etc.

Can use a shipping forwarding agent, works out slightly cheaper, but at the moment Aramex Global Shopper has massive delays, so i would avoid them at all costs. 

USA- NPE directly (officialy does not supply product to SA, does not respond to my emails as well)

USA - Clevertraining- ships to sa - discount codes available, seems to be best route using either fedex or UPS

USA- ZWIFT shop, no shipping to SA

UK- Cyclepowermeters- ships using royalmail/SAPO, wont go that route. 

New Zealand - Domestique - does not ship to SA

Edited by Muzee

Maybe we can arrange a group buy and save on shipping? Also been eyeing one for a while, but decided to wait for Rand/$ to improve before I finalised my purchase a few months back...

Not that i found. Shipping and clearing costs does seem alot. Not many options worldwide either, also unclear on customs costs, hope the HS codes used allow for it as sporting goods so no customs, just VAT. Not available on Amazon etc.

Can use a shipping forwarding agent, works out slightly cheaper, but at the moment Aramex Global Shopper has massive delays, so i would avoid them at all costs. 

USA- NPE directly (officialy does not supply product to SA, does not respond to my emails as well)

USA - Clevertraining- ships to sa - discount codes available, seems to be best route using either fedex or UPS

I bought mine from Domestique.

If you guys want me to buy a few from them and ship them to you I can arrange if you like?

Regards

For those interested in following LEJOG attempts, Carla Molinaro is currently busy with a WR attempt:

https://www.strava.com/athletes/1785161

LEJOG Day 5

(I see she also participated in the UTCT, Karkloof 100M etc)

She is a Machine, some strong female runners are tackling big things. I see The wainwright record attempt was close to toppling a week ago as well.

I see another local Lady is going for a record. Trish Eksteen, who is the top obstacle course racer locally and a mean runner is going for 100 1/2marathons in 100 days, I think today is day 26.

In other news though, I am not sure who follows Tommy Rivs, but it is scary to see what he is going through with COVID. Background- he can run, 2:18 marathon, olympic triallist, absolute beast and general nice guy. Yesterday they were looking for Ecmo him in and around flagstaff...

She is a Machine, some strong female runners are tackling big things. I see The wainwright record attempt was close to toppling a week ago as well.

I see another local Lady is going for a record. Trish Eksteen, who is the top obstacle course racer locally and a mean runner is going for 100 1/2marathons in 100 days, I think today is day 26.

In other news though, I am not sure who follows Tommy Rivs, but it is scary to see what he is going through with COVID. Background- he can run, 2:18 marathon, olympic triallist, absolute beast and general nice guy. Yesterday they were looking for Ecmo him in and around flagstaff...

Just reading his story there.. pretty hectic...I know he said he retrospectively should have gone to hospital... But if I'm peeing and coughing up blood...I go to see an expert ASAP!

Edit.. Further see there's a fund me to raise money for medical bills... Just shows how pathetic American medical insurance is ... He probably didn't go to hospital because he wasn't covered

Edited by Stretch

Could also ship through me in Netherlands if nothing else works.