ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He holds the fastest Ironman 70.3 with a 1:07 run leg (after a 1:52, 90km bike) 

https://www.slowtwitch.com/News/Blummenfelt_Lawrence_win_Bahrain_70.3_7524.html

even more impressive when you see this:

A highly touted The Legends Relay Team consisting of endurance swimmer Chloe McCardel, Tour de France veteran Mark Cavendish and multiple Olympic champion runner Mo Farah was handily beaten by solo Pro Men’s winner Kristian Blummenfelt. The Legends finished in 3:31:49 (swim 25:50 – Bike 1:54:46 – Run 1:07:10) and Blummenfelt finished in 3:25:21 – (Swim 22:26 – Bike 1:52:03 – Run 1:07:00)

A highly touted The Legends Relay Team consisting of endurance swimmer Chloe McCardel, Tour de France veteran Mark Cavendish and multiple Olympic champion runner Mo Farah was handily beaten by solo Pro Men’s winner Kristian Blummenfelt. The Legends finished in 3:31:49 (swim 25:50 – Bike 1:54:46 – Run 1:07:10) and Blummenfelt finished in 3:25:21 – (Swim 22:26 – Bike 1:52:03 – Run 1:07:00)

I did the same race in Bahrain, Mo Farah was taking it easy on the run, waving to the crowd. I was told by some friends waiting at the finish, that Mo could not count, what was a 3 lap run course, he did 2 laps, officials had to grab him after he thought he had finished and told him to go back out and do another lap lol.  Whole weekend was PR event as they are sponsored by Bahrain, they were on stage at opening dinner, gave interviews around transition check in, got mobbed for autographs, again on stage at prize giving.  Still a VERY impressive time though!!

Agreed Cavendish would also crush that is he was going full out, either way this guy is a machine probably favorite for the Olympics. A 1:07 on a 21km is ridiculous 

I know it would never be feasible, but imagine if the Olympic Triathlon Relay event was in the legends format - your best Olympic swimmer, best cyclist and then best Runner.  Chad Le Clos doing the swim leg, Daryl Impey or Ryan Gibbons on the bike leg and maybe Elroy Gelant on the run leg.  Especially if you combined the Male and Female teams into one event.  Would have been pretty fun to watch I think

Ben Parkes casually cracks a 19 min 5 kay, first proper run after injury.

Madness.

Ja I know its probably 5 mins slower than his best but thats really not bad after all this time off.

With most of my triathlon races cancelled for the rest of the year (the big ones anyway), and riding off of Ironman training, I'm considering entering karkloof 50 miler. Anyone here entered/thinking about it?

With most of my triathlon races cancelled for the rest of the year (the big ones anyway), and riding off of Ironman training, I'm considering entering karkloof 50 miler. Anyone here entered/thinking about it?

Do it... 

Andrew and the KZNTR team put on such a show. 

The support, the camaraderie, the absolute radness.... I might suggest you will enjoy it so much you will quit tri-athlon and join the endurance trail running scene and we will see you toe the line at a few 100 milers next year...... 

Edited by Jewbacca

Thinking yes. Motivation peaks and troughs quite hard during this lockdown so nothing committed to yet. But thinking about it every day.

As Jewbacca said the KZNTR team is awesome, you'll have an absolute blast if you do it. Plus its some of the most beautiful terrain to run through.

Thinking yes. Motivation peaks and troughs quite hard during this lockdown so nothing committed to yet. But thinking about it every day.

As Jewbacca said the KZNTR team is awesome, you'll have an absolute blast if you do it. Plus its some of the most beautiful terrain to run through.

Do it!.

Do it...

Andrew and the KZNTR team put on such a show.

The support, the camaraderie, the absolute radness.... I might suggest you will enjoy it so much you will quit tri-athlon and join the endurance trail running scene and we will see you toe the line at a few 100 milers next year......

I actually came from the trail running side to triathlon, and the midlands are my home trails, Andrew and the team are epic and have only been blown away doing the wild series events.

I just needed someone to confirm that my idea is a great one[emoji12]

I actually came from the trail running side to triathlon, and the midlands are my home trails, Andrew and the team are epic and have only been blown away doing the wild series events.

I just needed someone to confirm that my idea is a great one[emoji12]

Well there you go!

It's the best idea you've had in a long time!

It is a good one. My training program has shifted in prep for kk100. I will enter as soon as I think it will go ahead. Awesome event and well worth it. It is hardly a technical trail as well and all runnable

It is a good one. My training program has shifted in prep for kk100. I will enter as soon as I think it will go ahead. Awesome event and well worth it. It is hardly a technical trail as well and all runnable

Whats your goal? I remember you had to pull out with injury one year, (edit can't remember if you've done it other times) I imagine you;re going for a decent time

Edited by Chris_

Whats your goal? I remember you had to pull out with injury one year, (edit can't remember if you've done it other times) I imagine you;re going for a decent time

Finished the first year 27hours, 2nd time I pulled out at 120km as a caution at the first knee twinge because I had a team needing me in good shape for an adventure race 3 weeks later.

I would like a sub 24hour run though, tipped through halfway around 10 hours both times so I just need to convert now.

I have had a few bad stomach issues and I have now got meds to help that and a better strategy. So it will be a good test for that as well. Honestly just keen for a good sufferfest again now, been too long since the last AR/ultra