Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

if you do races throughout the year which is on their calendar then its worth it, as your cash back will make up for the joining fee's.

This!

You just have to check the events they list, easy enough to get to a net gain.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for the garmin/vitality junkies.

Is it possible to 2 rides on the same day to meet the 3 hour- 60% hr goal. By just pausing your activity once done in the morning and selecting "save for later"

Is it possible to 2 rides on the same day to meet the 3 hour- 60% hr goal. By just pausing your activity once done in the morning and selecting "save for later"

What 3hr 60% goal?

But yes, in my exp garmin sends over active time avg hr

I don't see why not... Does Garmin log that as a simple 3h ride? If so, vitality should see that as well. Therefore, points.

in other words you want tips on how to cheat the system?

nope. So what vitality does is only award for one activity per day. So 2 x 1.5hr workouts in the morning and evening would only equate to 300 points where as if linked (1 x 3hr) it would be 600 points. Which i feel is fine because i still do the work. I would however want tips on how to stop the government from cheating SA....

I don't see why not... Does Garmin log that as a simple 3h ride? If so, vitality should see that as well. Therefore, points.

Thats what i dont know. Will test tomorrow.

Yeah I think it works based on active time, not lapsed time. The Girl has far too often forgotten to reset her Garmin after a ride, and then doesn't look when she starts a new ride, and then 5 minutes in she realises she's already done 20KM. She then saves and resets and starts the new ride, still gets the points for the other ride even though it had a 2-day gap.

I ride to work in the morning and switch off my Garmin when I arrive. When its time to leave, I switch on and press start and it resumes the session and I get one combined effort when I get home.

That's on a Garmin 520 - not sure if other devices behave the same way.

nope. So what vitality does is only award for one activity per day. So 2 x 1.5hr workouts in the morning and evening would only equate to 300 points where as if linked (1 x 3hr) it would be 600 points. Which i feel is fine because i still do the work. I would however want tips on how to stop the government from cheating SA....

Jip. ONE x 3hrs @ 60% is what the RULE states, not 2 X 1.5hrs @ 60% or 8 X 22min30sec @ 60%.

Does the Fitbit Charge 2 work when doing a cardio workout to record ave HR for vitality. wife tried a 45 min session on IDT and can see the HR on Fitbit app, but cant see the ave for the 45 min, also no record or points award on Disco - It is all connected and synced on Vitality.

What are we doing wrong ?

I've always wondered about this points system on Vitality.

Where do they get their stats from i order to calculate the points?

I find it a very difficult pill to swallow when i do a 131km (6h 30min) mtb activity and get 300 points while when i complete a Parkrun 5km (45min) walk with my daughter in her stroller, i also get the 300 points.

Does this annoy anybody else?