Absa Cape Epic Prologue moves to Meerendal

Matt

Light hearted is ok - but just because you wear baggies does not mean you don't ruin trails - the rest of your post is fair comment - the actions of a few are reprehensible - but the University (which is my alma mater) has assured us that actions are being taken and arrests have been made with more to follow.

Too little, too late. They should have taken drastic action against these anarchist as soon as they burned the first item / piece of equipment on the Campus.

Arrest the ringleaders, oppose bail, ban them from the University for life, sue them for damage. 

The minority is preventing the majority from excercising their democratic right to be able to study.

They have lost control, to regain it now is nigh on impossible, the impetus now lies with the anarchists.

IMHO, tertiary education is a privilege you must work for, not a right. 

But I digress, back to the topic....

Edited by Wannabe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Light hearted is ok - but just because you wear baggies does not mean you don't ruin trails - the rest of your post is fair comment - the actions of a few are reprehensible - but the University (which is my alma mater) has assured us that actions are being taken and arrests have been made with more to follow.

hahahaha Whoa.. We ALL ruin trails... roosting ruins trails and baggy clad imbeciles see it as the thing to do these days! I jest... I love the feel of the wind on my lycra with my 'nads all tucked up and out of the way!

I too spent some years wandering the halls of UCT, played sport on the fields and ate terrible food in the res halls.

Despite the action being taken, a precedent has been set and it is not the right one.

F.. white people? It should read F.. the ANC... the anger is aimed at an old foe where it should be aimed at the wolf in sheeps clothing.

(See the state of the Red Phoenix after Origin of trails).

The irony... The very event that funds these trails also destroys them. Bennet does not pay the bills with our love of the trails alone, funds are also required and sone events contribute hugely towards the trails. The Epic are not known to pay much for trail use, so that also limits the number of suitable venues.

Wise decision... Safety first and Meerendal is the best all round choice out of very limited viable alternatives....Mathew you got some work to do ????

Interesting to see how the route pans out - Epic needs TygerbergMtb, TygerbergMtb doesn't need Epic, I cant see TygerbergMtb saying they can use the trail without some sort of undertaking to improve/ repair.

Meerendal will be a harsher, dustier intro for the foreigners - and I think with the Boland as dry as it is they will be eating dust for days this year.

Also heard Epic not overly flash with the cash when it comes to leaving the trails better than they were before. Something along the lines of the publicity the trail will get with Epic going through is such a bonus.

Wondering if their agreement with Sanparks had an escape clause, otherwise they would have paid Sanparks a chunk for no use of TMNP, no need for the pros to flash their 2 hour Activity Card purchase in promotion of Sanparks.

Plumpudding was looking like it was just about to get some attention with the heap of reddish aggregate soil dumped at the exit - would be a pity if its now left unattended.

#tubed: on that note of the dusty trails.  If the Epic entrants think that last year's Epic was dusty, they have a surprise coming unless some rains come.  The trails this year are extremely dusty and loose here in the Cape.

Interesting to see how the route pans out - Epic needs TygerbergMtb, TygerbergMtb doesn't need Epic, I cant see TygerbergMtb saying they can use the trail without some sort of undertaking to improve/ repair.

Meerendal will be a harsher, dustier intro for the foreigners - and I think with the Boland as dry as it is they will be eating dust for days this year.

Also heard Epic not overly flash with the cash when it comes to leaving the trails better than they were before. Something along the lines of the publicity the trail will get with Epic going through is such a bonus.

Wondering if their agreement with Sanparks had an escape clause, otherwise they would have paid Sanparks a chunk for no use of TMNP, no need for the pros to flash their 2 hour Activity Card purchase in promotion of Sanparks.

Plumpudding was looking like it was just about to get some attention with the heap of reddish aggregate soil dumped at the exit - would be a pity if its now left unattended.

or a blessing if it get's used to fix up the trails and then not having a tent village full of riders coming through there before the new works can bed down properly.

Well meeries needs some work done. It is not in a good state. So for Epic to leave it as found will cost almost nothing. lol . Imagine that singletrack down to quarry.. Now that is going to take casualties..

Anyone know if the 2 Oceans has moved? FNB Varsity Cup hasn't moved has it? Importatly, will the Epic still ensure that 'the single' is maintained? To my mind, Meerendal seems to be cornering the benefits to the detriment of the broader community.

Disappointed.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ufs-to-investigate-disrupted-varsity-cup-match-20160223

There you go... we all knew it was only a matter of time before the Varsity Cup would be affected. Now that the moegoes have set their sights on the VC, is it still a bad call to move the Epic to a safer venue?

But remember the finish and end is at UCT. So a lot of people and tv right there, and imagine now the protestors rock up.

I think good call, just tired of meerendal!

Well at least I would have had a reason to lose the plot and finally rid myself of my extreme frustration levels... :ph34r: :whistling: :cursing:

Let the Varsity Cup players loose on the protesting savages. They're not a bunch of BA students - they'll PK them back to their senses.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ufs-to-investigate-disrupted-varsity-cup-match-20160223

There you go... we all knew it was only a matter of time before the Varsity Cup would be affected. Now that the moegoes have set their sights on the VC, is it still a bad call to move the Epic to a safer venue?

Have you read the article? It says a peaceful protest ended in violence . It was the spectators that started the violence, not the protestors. So maybe moving the epic is to protect the students from violence from the spectators?

Still think it's knee jerke