Dopers suck

fandacious

On 11/12/2021 at 10:20 AM, Eldron said:

The question is: Do we really want that? Do we really want ultra measured riders who are guided only by the numbers? Drones covered in sensors who ride Froome style with both eyes firmly on the 9" iPad on their bars...

That would be boring as fark. 

I don't agree at all.  For me its a matter of principle.  You can not ban someone from having/getting INFORMATION, what they do with it or don't do with it is up to them to decide.

It is a fundamental right for anyone to have/get whatever information/data they can/want in whatever possible situation they are.  That is not doping, that is being informed to act on it if you want.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I don't agree at all.  For me its a matter of principle.  You can not ban someone from having/getting INFORMATION, what they do with it or don't do with it is up to them to decide.

It is a fundamental right for anyone to have/get whatever information/data they can/want in whatever possible situation they are.  That is not doping, that is being informed to act on it if you want.

In principle I agree with you but practically it would start a tech war (that Ineos would probably win) and it would make racing even more formulaic and boring.

It's a "careful what you wish for" scenario in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Eldron said:

In principle I agree with you but practically it would start a tech war (that Ineos would probably win) and it would make racing even more formulaic and boring.

It's a "careful what you wish for" scenario in my opinion.

Yes practically it will anyway probably sort it self out.  Its just not feasible to be bombarded by endless info while you on a bike trying to race other very talented individuals, but the basic principle of the right to info remain.

1 minute ago, TheoG said:

Yes practically it will anyway probably sort it self out.  Its just not feasible to be bombarded by endless info while you on a bike trying to race other very talented individuals, but the basic principle of the right to info remain.

The DS and a team of data engineers will be analyzing the data and guiding the athletes (much like they do now).

The basic principle remains but luckily for us "let the racers race" old school guys the ban remains in place. Now get rid of radios!!

2 hours ago, copperhead said:

With all due respect I think they should be allowed to take any drugs they want and ride on a wire frame for all I care. I want to see speed SPEED. I can ride slowly and no one watches me. SPEED I say.

Just like any other type of racing ... have a "standard" and "modified" class ....

2 hours ago, copperhead said:

Just have one class. The most money, drugs and whatever. They know the risks. If your heart blows up so be it. Too many rules in this world. Too many bosses and governments. The only reason I dislike lance is because he lied like a twat. He is a twat.

I have it on good authority that this would not be training smarter. 

Edited by J Wakefield

18 hours ago, copperhead said:

Just have one class. The most money, drugs and whatever. They know the risks. If your heart blows up so be it. Too many rules in this world. Too many bosses and governments. The only reason I dislike lance is because he lied like a twat. He is a twat.

Are there not such events?  I'm thinking of the guy who did the drugs, HGH etc trial for Out There. He participated in some ultra long distance event as part of that.

4 hours ago, mazambaan said:

Are there not such events?  I'm thinking of the guy who did the drugs, HGH etc trial for Out There. He participated in some ultra long distance event as part of that.

Perhaps you're thinking of the doccie Icarus. His experiment was a failure, but perhaps only because he suffered some bad luck, and his doccie got completely side-tracked. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, madmarc said:

Thought this thread would be the right place to post this, seen Floyd was one of the naudy boys back in the day - will be interesting to watch how this team progresses.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/tinker-juarez-joins-floyd-landis-to-launch-new-mountain-and-gravel-team.1198437/

beat me to it. I was reading the velonews article on this while sitting in his majesty's quarters this am. First thought was "well there's a whose who in doping world...." not sure about Tinker although he is a super Vet

19 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

beat me to it. I was reading the velonews article on this while sitting in his majesty's quarters this am. First thought was "well there's a whose who in doping world...." not sure about Tinker although he is a super Vet

Reminded me of the "Rock Racing Team" full of bad boys and chalked up some good results until it was disbanded - I always wanted a set of their kit, just like now I want LA's WEDU kit, already have it in ZWIFT and Floyd's of Leadville has some cool kit as well.

5 hours ago, madmarc said:

Thought this thread would be the right place to post this, seen Floyd was one of the naudy boys back in the day - will be interesting to watch how this team progresses.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/tinker-juarez-joins-floyd-landis-to-launch-new-mountain-and-gravel-team.1198437/

Ahhh Floyd. I don't hate many riders but that scumbag deserves full scorn.

Deny deny deny, set up Floyd Fairness Fund to defend his innocence, steal money, 'fess up then take make more cash ratting out your fellow dopers to the US government. Class act through and through.

38 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Ahhh Floyd. I don't hate many riders but that scumbag deserves full scorn.

Deny deny deny, set up Floyd Fairness Fund to defend his innocence, steal money, 'fess up then take make more cash ratting out your fellow dopers to the US government. Class act through and through.

I agree they don't get much lower than that!