Dopers suck

fandacious

2 minutes ago, Furbz said:

i recently started on Creatine, Beta Alanine, Omega 3 (Dr for my eyes post lasik), L Glutamine, CLA 3000 and BCAA's.

all with a protein shake after a hard ride.

i can tell you i take 1/4th the recommended dose of all the above and its still something like 12 tablets. it would be insane trying to keep up with the recommended dosage!

my take is that i just want to fill any gap that my diet may be missing. 

do i think it helps? - yes. i believe it helped me recover faster in a period of hard training. i doubt it would make any difference if you are not in a difficult phase of structured training.

but i totally get his view, if riders are taking the full dosages they would be popping handfuls of pills like smarties.

and i am certain they are taking way more than what i listed above.

They should remove the "no needle" policy. Pro's are gonna pro, might as well let them do it in a way that's less harmful to their livers.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

Shall we call it grubby, or slightly soiled then?

Well that's the thing - we just don't know.

The last few years would suggest the sport is cleaner but still not squeaky clean.

Kinda like all humans really - some of the guys in your racing group will be cheating, some of the people in your office will be stealing, some of the people in your social circle will drive drunk and speed - that doesn't mean that we should refer to your friends and colleagues as cheating, thieving, law breaking drunkards...

5 minutes ago, Furbz said:

i recently started on Creatine, Beta Alanine, Omega 3 (Dr for my eyes post lasik), L Glutamine, CLA 3000 and BCAA's.

all with a protein shake after a hard ride.

i can tell you i take 1/4th the recommended dose of all the above and its still something like 12 tablets. it would be insane trying to keep up with the recommended dosage!

my take is that i just want to fill any gap that my diet may be missing. 

do i think it helps? - yes. i believe it helped me recover faster in a period of hard training. i doubt it would make any difference if you are not in a difficult phase of structured training.

but i totally get his view, if riders are taking the full dosages they would be popping handfuls of pills like smarties.

and i am certain they are taking way more than what i listed above.

Still not any evidence or indication that they are doping.

2 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Well that's the thing - we just don't know.

The last few years would suggest the sport is cleaner but still not squeaky clean.

Kinda like all humans really - some of the guys in your racing group will be cheating, some of the people in your office will be stealing, some of the people in your social circle will drive drunk and speed - that doesn't mean that we should refer to your friends and colleagues as cheating, thieving, law breaking drunkards...

You don't know my friends...

2 hours ago, Eldron said:

Still not any evidence or indication that they are doping.

Just playing fast and loose. It's a fact, that this practiced has been questioned a few times. Finishing bottles are a thing and medical folk who are more flexible in this grey area are totally ok with it. 
Hence the UCI going over WADA and banning the use of Tramadol. Besides the dangers of delayed reflexes from riding blazed on a habit-forming painkiller. There's the question of literally riding the body into long term physical damage whilst simultaneously risking addiction.

3 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Just playing fast and loose. It's a fact, that this practiced has been questioned a few times. Finishing bottles are a thing and medical folk who are more flexible in this grey area are totally ok with it. 
Hence the UCI going over WADA and banning the use of Tramadol. Besides the dangers of delayed reflexes from riding blazed on a habit-forming painkiller. There's the question of literally riding the body into long term physical damage whilst simultaneously risking addiction.

Finishing bottle - High volume of caffeine for that kick at the end. 

Not defending anyone but sounds like his crash here was the biggest variable in him stopping and what is a pill? Paracetamol? Caffeine? 

My take home from reading some points in the article is that he lost the knack and balls to get stuck in, nothing wrong with that atall, it happens and the peloton is a crazy place but he was simply not into it, regardless of any apparent pills. 

" I crashed last year in Randers Bike Week," he told Feltet.dk. The event is a four-day race for all levels of amateurs and professionals. "The crash itself was at high speed, but I didn't hurt myself too badly. But in my head it was much worse than it really was."

""Then it all went wrong at the 2020 Danish championships, where I ... sat too far back because I was too cautious. Then I just stood there on the side of the road with my mum and dad. The next day I called Sunweb and said I didn't want to continue there, even though they had talked to me about an extension. I had to go home."

"I was actually in good shape for the upcoming season this year, but when we reached the first race, I was just completely switched off mentally and was actually scared. I don't know what caused it. The pattern repeated itself afterwards, where I was going strong in training, but as soon as I got a number on my back it went the wrong way, where I was afraid of crashing."

"I lacked motivation. Suddenly going to work was fun, and then maybe going out to train on a January night in Copenhagen wasn't so fun. It's not very exciting to train in Copenhagen. I'm used to training around Roskilde, where my parents live and it's really nice, but here it's just the same main roads," he said.

Every now and then I pop in here and reading along the many chirps, very very few “clean” riders END up being CLEAN down the line

many naive supporters are shattered, me I’m maybe pessimistic and negative but I like to think I’m realistic 

too much money too much ego too many variables out there  tell me inevitably our heroes will bend because of XYZ and some supporters might be surprised some disappointed Me, I don’t think sport at that level can be clean,  it can be “clean” with the tests available today, years later there is always a “new EPO” test????????‍♂️????????‍♂️

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Agreed but now we're talking ethics and morals not clean/dirty.

Ketones is another moral dilemma - nobody is dirty for taking them but it is a questionable practice. I'm sure they will be banned soon enough.

12 hours ago, Eldron said:

Agreed but now we're talking ethics and morals not clean/dirty.

Ketones is another moral dilemma - nobody is dirty for taking them but it is a questionable practice. I'm sure they will be banned soon enough.

Why is taking ketones a questionable practice if it’s not banned? There are no known long term side effects other than those associated with ketogenic diets i.e. kidney stones or disfunction, social acceptance problems due to telling everybody you’re keto and stuff like that 

I find in recent years I am less interested in watching prosport. These events look inspired by corporate mentality and seem increasingly focused on presenting an entertainment product.

I did watch the rugby on Saturday and it didn't look like the players were having much fun. With a few exceptions (steyn) they looked anxious to me. Interviews with players tend to sound like they've been scripted by a PR team and focus grouped before airing. 

I've heard football defined as "22 millionaires chasing a ball" which sounds right to me. 

I still like to see people who are really good at their game doing well but I think we are losing something of sport's richness with our  "performance optimisation" approach and the prevalence of doping is perhaps an artefact of that. 

Games are rich stories... or at least should be. I sometimes wonder if the economics of pro sport is a good thing for how we engage with these stories. 

25 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Why is taking ketones a questionable practice if it’s not banned? There are no known long term side effects other than those associated with ketogenic diets i.e. kidney stones or disfunction, social acceptance problems due to telling everybody you’re keto and stuff like that 

I don't know enough about it to have a firm opinion but Travis Tygart does. The UCI are also monitoring it and said they will make a decision "soon".

https://www.velonews.com/news/tygart-calls-out-british-cyclings-ketone-trials/

Tygart should clean up US athletics, gridiron and basketball before poking his fingers into others pies 

also didn’t he use a win at all costs approach to lynching Pharmstrong and depriving cycling of the greatest victories the Tour de France has ever seen?

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Tygart should clean up US athletics, gridiron and basketball before poking his fingers into others pies 

also didn’t he use a win at all costs approach to lynching Pharmstrong and depriving cycling of the greatest victories the Tour de France has ever seen?

And the UCI investigation?

40 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

image.png.add3f955b63bf590b1f063a79f54d0a6.png

the combinations of who should have won these are too much fun