Dopers suck

fandacious

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

The difference is team cars in the pro peleton.

Info will be relayed back and forth, but with delay. I like the limited race radio option, so 2 team members can have an ear piece/transponder and the rest have to rely on them being where they are meant to be. 

the size of the peloton and team cars and officials, ambulances etc some team cars are so back you dont see the race all day and is sometimes 2km back. asking a rider to come back and forth and then still go back to the team mates with tactics and info isnt gonna happen more than once or twice 

its not SA.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

the size of the peloton and team cars and officials, ambulances etc some team cars are so back you dont see the race all day and is sometimes 2km back. asking a rider to come back and forth and then still go back to the team mates with tactics and info isnt gonna happen more than once or twice 

its not SA.

For sure. But while change for change sake isn't always good, there is no harm in wondering what sort of racing we would see should things not be done because they have always been done and seem impractical. 

One becomes accustomed to things and the way they are done. In my work I am certainly aware of this. I hate having to re think how to get around various problems.

Luckily the racing has been absolute fire over the last 2 seasons so there is no reason to upset the proverbial apple cart. Exciting racing and entertainment. We have certainly had that in spades.

49 minutes ago, JA-Q001 said:

I always find it interesting in the local racing bunches, when some of the guys get closer to the front and ask, "is there a break up the road?" after the bunch have been chasing for 30km.

At CTCT I found it impossible to stay at or near the front consistently. Here the number of riders in the bunch and the quality of the field is about as close as I'll ever get to a WT situation. Every time I got absorbed into the fold and managed to get back to the front I needed fresh info. ????‍♂️

On 11/11/2021 at 2:06 PM, Eldron said:

Pills doesn't necessarily mean dirty...

Which brings a certain album to mind ...

Just now, J Wakefield said:

Correctly said. You learning.????

You are winning them over one at a time .... :P

John your memoirs would make some seriously good reading ..... I can just see you smiling at some of the posts ....

On 11/11/2021 at 3:30 PM, J Wakefield said:

Not defending anyone but sounds like his crash here was the biggest variable in him stopping and what is a pill? Paracetamol? Caffeine? 

My take home from reading some points in the article is that he lost the knack and balls to get stuck in, nothing wrong with that atall, it happens and the peloton is a crazy place but he was simply not into it, regardless of any apparent pills. 

" I crashed last year in Randers Bike Week," he told Feltet.dk. The event is a four-day race for all levels of amateurs and professionals. "The crash itself was at high speed, but I didn't hurt myself too badly. But in my head it was much worse than it really was."

""Then it all went wrong at the 2020 Danish championships, where I ... sat too far back because I was too cautious. Then I just stood there on the side of the road with my mum and dad. The next day I called Sunweb and said I didn't want to continue there, even though they had talked to me about an extension. I had to go home."

"I was actually in good shape for the upcoming season this year, but when we reached the first race, I was just completely switched off mentally and was actually scared. I don't know what caused it. The pattern repeated itself afterwards, where I was going strong in training, but as soon as I got a number on my back it went the wrong way, where I was afraid of crashing."

"I lacked motivation. Suddenly going to work was fun, and then maybe going out to train on a January night in Copenhagen wasn't so fun. It's not very exciting to train in Copenhagen. I'm used to training around Roskilde, where my parents live and it's really nice, but here it's just the same main roads," he said.

but whats in a pill in what ever the form gives others that edge....be in a placebo effect...exhausted rider as well...

13 hours ago, Eldron said:

The question is: Do we really want that? Do we really want ultra measured riders who are guided only by the numbers? Drones covered in sensors who ride Froome style with both eyes firmly on the 9" iPad on their bars...

That would be boring as fark. 

Edited by SwissVan

Imo it is high time the weight limit on bikes is revised to someting like 5kg. The benefit of power meters, electonic shifting, aero frames, wide rims and disk brakes will be measured against mass added.

2 hours ago, Christie said:

Imo it is high time the weight limit on bikes is revised to someting like 5kg. The benefit of power meters, electonic shifting, aero frames, wide rims and disk brakes will be measured against mass added.

That will result in a lot of unsafe to ride frames. Frames are still breaking at the  6.8kg limit.

What they should be doing is regulating the minimum weight of the frames and minimum weight of the fork to lets say 1000grams and 380grams respectively. Then frames would last longer, be more reliable, comfortable and potentially more cost effective 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:20 AM, DieselnDust said:

That will result in a lot of unsafe to ride frames. Frames are still breaking at the  6.8kg limit.

What they should be doing is regulating the minimum weight of the frames and minimum weight of the fork to lets say 1000grams and 380grams respectively. Then frames would last longer, be more reliable, comfortable and potentially more cost effective 

Why can't bikes/frames simply be tested according to some international standard like Euro NCAP for cars? Let them be as light as you want, as long as they meet the required standard? Would make a lot more sense than having a stupid UCI sticker on the frame.

8 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Why can't bikes/frames simply be tested according to some international standard like Euro NCAP for cars? Let them be as light as you want, as long as they meet the required standard? Would make a lot more sense than having a stupid UCI sticker on the frame.

Because then the bike industry will charge us $1,000,000-00 for a frame ( yes Spazilised I’m talking to you) to pay for the lobbying costs of the bike industry agreeing on a standard, it will also take 500years so maybe with inflation this is not so bad. Then once the standard is agreed Spez will sue everybody for patent infringement