Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me is that a huge proportion of SA elite mtbers have been pinged.

Way way more than the global average.

So let's look at the Epic, our big evenet for the year that attracts the world's best to our backgarden.

the list of south african finishers in top 5 at cape epic since 2006  2004 (no results on epic site for first 2 events, must have been hand timed then!)

place

jacques rossouw '04   3

shan wilson              3

Geddan ruddock    4

Kevin Evans        4

shan wilson '05  4

brandon stewart   4

kevin evans '08       3

david george       3

kevin evans '09       4

david george       4

burry stander '10       2

kevin evans       3

burry stander '11       1

burry stander '12       1

kevin evans       2

david george       2

phllip buys '14       5

phllip buys '15       5

mathys beukes       5

max knox '17       4

burry was a freak.

take out the convicted dopers

{max knox has been mentioned on this thread as rider #3, so let's just put an asterisk there}

and then our highest finish for our own race in the last 13 years is 5th.

Are our guys really that bad?

are the overseas pros just better?

The only other elite guy who I can remember to have been pinged is Roel Paullisen

list of SA riders with an Epic top 5 updated

eish....

Edited by Evans_Cuddles

I think I should screen scrap the SADIS list, and publish it so that when names drop off, we still have a record.

Actually trying to work out how this list works... lots of names missing? 

Pieter Seyyfert - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/128735-seyffert-receives-two-year-ban-from-competition/

Herman Fouche - https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/sport/csa-slap-two-year-ban-on-fouche-598418

Nolan Hoffman - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/64349-18-months-for-nolan/

Brandon Stewart - http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/mountain-biker-brandon-stewart-receives-2-year-ban-for-testosterone/

Edited by Andrew Steer

Hahahaha... just remembered the pearler of a twitter spat between Knox and David George where David accused Knox of either doping or taking a shortcut because he beat the field by so much. Sabie Ultra I think it was, about 5yrs back...

Would love to see those screenshots now [emoji38]

Bankers the lot of them.

Where are their coaches/managers/suppliers etc - hope the Hawks are digging hard and deep!

Wasn't there a Twitter spat between one of the saffas on the l8st (cant remember who of the two it was) and Sauser as well..something about one of the Saffas commenting in all their tests and hinting that Sauser doesn't get tested?

Definitely names missing from the SAIDS list. Without mentioning names there's three ladies and everybody's favourite sprinter but sure there's plenty more. 

Also why is  Valverde not on that list? 

Nicholas Potts at the bottom had no chance.

SAIDs crack investigative team put two and two together...

How's them picking on the african disabled gent as well - seems pretty blunt to me when you consider he got twice the sentence of anyone else  :ph34r:

SAIDs crack investigative team put two and two together...

How's them picking on the african disabled gent as well - seems pretty blunt to me when you consider he got twice the sentence of anyone else  :ph34r:

must have been the dealer?

Too bad Max, luckily there is still the Dr Evil Classic & Karoo2Coast who will be happy to let you compete. I can imagine you & Kev will make a mean team for the Dr Evil! :devil:

Well now peeps must campaign for unsanctioned events to get sanctioned then Those loop holes will be closed and real justice can be served. While the unsanctioned Avenue is open there will always be this bitter taste

Edited by DieselnDust

Or just switch to a new sport like our last female that got bust has done.

Until they get bust there and then move on to the next sport[emoji20]