Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

So is Jenny R out or not?

Maybe with the shortern route she might give it another go, and think the prediction is for a bit cooler weather from tomorrow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing they can do

First of all its not summer it's autumn

It just happens to be the worst drought in forever and temperatures sky high

Organisers when faced with difficult circumstances must take tough decisions

It happens in the stage races all over the world

One of my mates died a couple of days ago after suffering heat stroke during a motorbike event. Heat is a killer

Ag, the Hub warriors haven't yet accused the organisers of ignoring climate change, considering the affect of those wind turbines around Greyton on reducing the wind speed into the riders faces, or factoring in the fat content of the Woollies meals in the recovery zone. Think they are being quite reasonable so far.

Hope everyone gets through unscathed - i was in Aus at 41C recently and just going to the beach was a friggin effort.

I can't comment here as I'm not as tough, technically capable (skills or bike setup) as the rest of the Hub experts but just a snippet I saw on FB

8b626620ef3ae7cd86abc73b77ea10f0.jpg

Her rebound settings are clearly set to 'just right'. And her bike was probably also properly adjusted.

Can't believe the attitude of people on here. You're not even riding but you're in essence calling those who are riding pussies.

I always judge the difficulty by looking at the pro's. They were absolutely knackered yesterday, majority of them. I can only imagine how the amateurs must have felt.

It's all good telling people to htfu but heat can be extremely dangerous. Would you go outside and ride your bike in blazing 40 degree plus sun? Stop criticizing and rather support these people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+100000

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk