CWC - Not disapointed anymore. Warranty claim.

BernardG

Damn, that looks like some form of delamination.

Surely has to be a manufacturing fault.

Nope. Normal wear and tear like the soles on my 18month old MTB shoes that were ripping off from the shoe. Upon asking if this is a manufacturing fault i was told that it's normal wear and tear and probably a result of the shoes getting wet. So top tip there. Don't get your MTB shoes wet.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is delamination and not normal wear and tear.

You are not exactly tubby either, 70kg will not put much stress on the wheels.

I am sure someone from CWC will contact to arrange a warranty replacement or cash back without much hassle. I would not go back to the shop.

if it was me I would take this post down and call up and speak nice to oom chris personally and if he cant help ask him to refer you to someone who can make a decision at cool heat

oom chris is a really good guy but if he says its no then only shimano (cool heat)can decide

I don't think you are helping your case by posting this yet

just my 2 cents

Whats up with the special treatment for CWC? If its another LBS i doubt a similar reaction would have been posted (unless its a spez store of course... just kidding ;) ) ...

Either way, no way it looks normal. my Easton's has 16 000 kms and its only damage is me being useless with a leaver or scratching it when loading my bike.  Their response does not seem adequate.

That is delamination and not normal wear and tear.

You are not exactly tubby either, 70kg will not put much stress on the wheels.

I am sure someone from CWC will contact to arrange a warranty replacement or cash back without much hassle. I would not go back to the shop.

Or Bikebloke :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Nope. Normal wear and tear like the soles on my 18month old MTB shoes that were ripping off from the shoe. Upon asking if this is a manufacturing fault i was told that it's normal wear and tear and probably a result of the shoes getting wet. So top tip there. Don't get your MTB shoes wet.

I had a carbon motorbike helmet. There was one part that looked like that. It was due to delamination. This was many years ago, and the store replaced it.

if it was me I would take this post down and call up and speak nice to oom chris personally and if he cant help ask him to refer you to someone who can make a decision at cool heat

oom chris is a really good guy but if he says its no then only shimano (cool heat)can decide

just my 2 cents

You mean looking for a general public opinion?

How many people would walk out of any shop after the person charged with dealing with the public on the shop floor, be it sales or warranty - and in this case both, without batting an eyelid and just accept the first answer given, which in this case seems a very flawed, "normal wear and tear" opinion.

I had a carbon motorbike helmet. There was one part that looked like that. It was due to delamination. This was many years ago, and the store replaced it.

i agree with your previous statement. i meant in the context of my experience everything seems to be normal wear and tear lately.

Support. That's the problem with buying from a store that does their own grey (or parallel) imports.

You don't know whether you have recourse through the official agent or through the the shop alone.

Years back I bought a fancy pants mtb wheel from CWC. I taco'd the front wheel and needed to replace the rim. The local agents didn't have the rim as a spare, and cwc couldn't source it either. I had to build a new wheel.

Now I only buy something if I know the product has proper backup and support.

Edited by PhilipV

i agree with your previous statement. i meant in the context of my experience everything seems to be normal wear and tear lately.

Indeed, that seems to be the general excuse, but it has to be challenged. They need to prove it to be wear and tear. It doesnt matter in what industry.

We get I think to quantify this in numbers - about every 5000 item sold of a particular brand, one customer comes back and complains about a scissor not being sharp. Now that is wear and tear, however scissors only get blunt when you cut paper or tape. Anyway 99.9% of the time, the customer has cut through a pin causing the scissor to not have a sharp point, we just resharpen it and return at no charge.

Only once there was a real problem, which we replaced as per our supplier.

Challenge and ask them to prove it

You can only play nice guy for so long....

Time to get hard, make a scene in the shop, or take anther set of wheels in the shop, or even a bike and walk out! 

If they want to import there own goods then they need to warrant the claims themselves....

Sorry, my ideas might seem harsh but Im sick of companies getting away and not paying up! 

Time to get hard, make a scene in the shop, or take anther set of wheels in the shop, or even a bike and walk out! 

If they want to import there own goods then they need to warrant the claims themselves....

Sorry, my ideas might seem harsh but Im sick of companies getting away and not paying up! 

unlawful / illegal

(hehe, hit the like button trying to hit the reply button, in case you get a notification.. :whistling: )

No need to act like a tonsil yet. Lets get the proper reply first and then judge whether the tantrum option should be on the table. Too many people jump to tantrum straight away and this does nothing for anyone's experience through a situation like this. Good should come of it for both sides, so that Bernard feels better about the service he receives and CWC get to cover this gap in their service. Your suggestion will definitely not make that an option!

Edited by Tubehunter

just my 2 cents

I dont think anyone need special treatment

The customer has been back to state his case

Other shops has been burnt for a lot less.

Indeed, that seems to be the general excuse, but it has to be challenged. They need to prove it to be wear and tear. It doesnt matter in what industry.

We get I think to quantify this in numbers - about every 5000 item sold of a particular brand, one customer comes back and complains about a scissor not being sharp. Now that is wear and tear, however scissors only get blunt when you cut paper or tape. Anyway 99.9% of the time, the customer has cut through a pin causing the scissor to not have a sharp point, we just resharpen it and return at no charge.

Only once there was a real problem, which we replaced as per our supplier.

Challenge and ask them to prove it

Yes, and the agents should see the wheels in the flesh. I have found the average sales guy at CWC a tad clueless and as a rule would say things like this should be escalated to the top quite quickly rather than expecting the junior staff member to give opinions like this. My gut feel is that this is BS and the agents would replace the wheels.