Anyone using Zwift?

I have been going back and forth for 3 days now with their support guys, and nothing seems to work. They refusing to accept that something is wrong after the update.

They now saying that we in SA are too far away from their service which is causing the problems.

I have tried different laptops and pc's, different internet connections and end up with the same error all the time on windows.

Will just forget about Zwift for now and use TR for a while.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been going back and forth for 3 days now with their support guys, and nothing seems to work. They refusing to accept that something is wrong after the update.

They now saying that we in SA are too far away from their service which is causing the problems.

I have tried different laptops and pc's, different internet connections and end up with the same error all the time on windows.

Will just forget about Zwift for now and use TR for a while.

I think TR is a better programme , but Zwift more fun .

I think TR is a better programme , but Zwift more fun .

I used TR for a year. TR is very good for pure structured training, and also works offline and seamlessly but is very boring. The weekly podcasts / youtube videos are however excellent.

I do four structured indoor sessions a week (Tuesday to Friday), and it does get tedious on TR. Zwift helps forget the pain. 

I also think having 800 plus training workouts, as TR has, is an overkill.

I considered Sufferfest to replace TR but the 4DP test scares me. Its not something I want to repeat every few months.

What is wrong with the structured workouts inside Zwift using Erg mode compared to TR?

IMO Zwift gives you a perfect balance between structured and free riding

What is wrong with the structured workouts inside Zwift using Erg mode compared to TR?

Agree. I prefer Zwift overall but the TR sessions are 'cleaner' than Zwift, and the data analysis on TR is very good. Erg mode is also instant on TR. Furthermore, you dont need an internet connection to train on TR, which is a huge plus for me.

I have a coach so I dont use Zwift's workouts, as my workouts come via Trainingpeaks into Zwift automatically and I use Training Peaks to analyse my workouts, progress / peaks, and monitor my fatigue etc. I am not sure about the quality of the data analysis on Zwift.

I think if you have just one platform, then Zwift is best bang for your buck.

That said, I find that although their (zwift) structured workouts are good and will undoubtedly make you a stronger cyclist if you follow them, they don't have the 'end to end' plans that Trainer Road offers.

In my opinion TR gives you a long term plan that  can take you from base right through to race, managing your stress, rest, recovery etc etc.  Zwift's plans seem to be shorter term focus - 4 to 6 weeks, whereas TR is season long...

All that said, any plan is better than no plan.

Edited by Dubber

If I'm doing a structured workout I run Trainer Road on my phone.  This controls the trainer resistance etc.

I then run Zwift on my main pc screen.  The visuals are a nice distraction compared to just watching the TR countdowns.  

This obviously has the drawback of two subscriptions.  But I do use Zwift on its own for when I just want a free ride or test the legs in a race etc...  So I find I do get value out of it other than just looking at the pretty pictures :-)

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone having the Z113 error with the latest update, Zwift support couldnt get a resolved.

I did more reading and some guys suggested using a different network provider for the download.

My main system is with Vodacom.

I tried with MTN and got it to work, it downloaded like normal and everything is working now.

Simple thing like this but what an annoying problem to have.

Anyone know if they ever put in a "small chainring" feature? Ie if you're riding in the desert but have your MTB on the trainer, you basically forced to sit in the hardest gear and spin like hell. More of an issue during races as your big chainring is smaller than the small chainring on a classic road crank.

Hi i have a mtb on my kickr. I reduced the difficulty setting to effectively use less of my gears. Other way to see it is that you get a wider range out of your mtb. When spinning like crazy i can reach about 93 down the lighthouse hill. Running my difficulty at around 70%

Hi i have a mtb on my kickr. I reduced the difficulty setting to effectively use less of my gears. Other way to see it is that you get a wider range out of your mtb. When spinning like crazy i can reach about 93 down the lighthouse hill. Running my difficulty at around 70%

How is it on the flats though?

No problems. Large chainring at front an middle of casette. Enough range to easily ride at 40 ish.

I see you can post from Zwift to Garmin, does anyone know if you still score vitality points? I will post on the vitality page as well.

I see you can post from Zwift to Garmin, does anyone know if you still score vitality points? I will post on the vitality page as well.

You don't. Zwift isn't a registered vitality device. So you still need to record on a Garmin device, and upload that. so you land up with 2 workouts in Garmin which I don't know how to combine.... And then you need to delete the extra activity in Strava.

Vitality requires HR data, so I use mine in "indoor mode", then sync with garmin connect, which in turns syncs to vitality for points. 

My Garmin connect also syncs to STRAVAAAAA!!! which means I get one workout with only HR data and one from Zwift with power dist etc. I manually delete HR data on Strava and Training peaks (also double files from strava and connect)

bit of a PITA, but used to it by now.