Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Afaik, Kickr is only compatible with Shimano freehubs. Elite and Flux comes with Shimano freehub. You have to purchase Campy freehub for both trainers.

Anyone else not able to download zwift??

I've received this error msg. Downloaded Zwift companion but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

post-35357-0-16863800-1541596497_thumb.jpg

post-35357-0-15715300-1541596512_thumb.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

I am, though I have not ridden on Zwift since the latest update was released. For the most part it works quite well. Not all the sensors I have on my bike want to play together nicely with Zwift (I have to pick between them or the trainer, basically), and in the forums it looks like some smart trainers don't always work.

Performance on my tablet varies, the new NYC course seemed a bit more choppy than what I remember from the other courses, could be my imagination though. I have a new tablet on the way, which should have muuuuuch better performance. What phone/tablet will you use?

Want to give the Huawei mate 20 a go,see how it will perform.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else noticing a large amount of bugs lately in Zwift?

riders riding in the bushes, cutting corners, riding through buildings, doing loop-de-loops.

i can live with those glitches

what i cannot live with is the structured workout issue

the watts shown on screen correlate almost exactly to the watts asked for by the workout.

is, i'm asked to hold 180w for 3 min. its showing i am holding 181w constantly.

i can start soft pedalling at 50w and it still shows 181w.

i can pedals hard at 350+w and it still shows me around 180w.

i've reported it to Zwift and they are apparently working on it

riders riding in the bushes, cutting corners, riding through buildings, doing loop-de-loops.

the watts shown on screen correlate almost exactly to the watts asked for by the workout.

Trainer + Device that you're using?

I went riding in the bushes when the NY course first opened - doing circles round and round and round.  I was half way through a workout and didn't want to lose the work I had already done so I just stuck with it - the trainer carried on giving the correct resistance, I just couldn't look at the screen too much - dizzy.

I haven't had any power issues though.

Yep, although I have not been stuck in loops myself, I have seen some glitches.

Unfortunately currently Zwift (at least on the Android beta) doesn't give resistance changes with my new CycleOps H2, in sim or ERG mode; cadence and power READ fine though.

I've ridden like this a few times, just to complete some challenges, but for now I'm sticking to Rouvy, which works perfectly on the same tablet.

This is on my older tablet though - a Teclast T8.

My new tablet, a Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (much better specs), shows only pitch black (or, on New York, blood red - still annoying, but at least you can see something). The UI elements show just fine though.

the computer I use for training crashed 5min into a workout the other day. i use it as a media device too, and it's normally solid. restarted and started the workout again, and it was fine. can't be sure if it was Zwift or not though

Two totally different plans in their approach

https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/crit-crusher/

https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/gran-fondo/

Crit Crusher would focus way more on short intense bursts with good recoveries between, where Gran Fondo will focus on Zone 2 and 3 long endurance building sessions and you'll spend a lot of time at or just below FTP.

Perhaps Build Me Up is more what you're looking for, but the sessions are super long. I've tried a couple and my ass just can't tolerate it.

Why oh why did I take this advise..... There is a huge difference between long sessions and long interval sessions. Anyway 5 weeks in how much worse can it get? 

• 1 month later...

Hi Zwifters!

New to the world of indoor training - got me the Kickr Core recently and have a few questions.

1.) Do I need to calibrate my power meter before each ride? 

2.) Where does one buy yourself the Zwift Subscription?

Thanks.

Ride On!

Hi Zwifters!

New to the world of indoor training - got me the Kickr Core recently and have a few questions.

1.) Do I need to calibrate my power meter before each ride?

2.) Where does one buy yourself the Zwift Subscription?

Thanks.

Ride On!

I only calibrate each time I put my bike back on the Powerbeam trainer after actual riding.

I use zwift on my iPhone so the app and monthly premiums were done through iTunes

I saw on my ride this morning that Zwift is finally allowing you to choose which course you want to ride on (between two anyway).  And you can see how many people are currently on each course before you start.  I think this is a great step in the right direction! 

I saw on my ride this morning that Zwift is finally allowing you to choose which course you want to ride on (between two anyway).  And you can see how many people are currently on each course before you start.  I think this is a great step in the right direction! 

Saw it as well this morning. Deliberately chose London just because I could, only around 70 people on it at the time.

Though to be honest, I'd probably use Watopia the most, going forward, unless it is a group ride or race somewhere else.

Was this choice on PC or Ios/android app?

I use Ios app, and did not see that option this morning (but I may still have been sleeping)