Anyone using Zwift?

Help please .

I am new(ish ) to Zwift .

I am currently on about 330000 points but only level 7 . How many points do I need to get to the next level ?? What are the criteria to move up a level ?? Only riding time/ distance or does speed and the amount of climbing influence the points ?? I want to do Alp Du Zwift but don't seem to be getting anywhere close . Level 12 needed  I think .

I am currently using my laptop with an ANT dongle on a Kickr4 .

Can I use an Ipad , and obviously then no dongle ??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help please .

I am new(ish ) to Zwift .

I am currently on about 330000 points but only level 7 . How many points do I need to get to the next level ?? What are the criteria to move up a level ?? Only riding time/ distance or does speed and the amount of climbing influence the points ?? I want to do Alp Du Zwift but don't seem to be getting anywhere close . Level 12 needed  I think .

I am currently using my laptop with an ANT dongle on a Kickr4 .

Can I use an Ipad , and obviously then no dongle ??

My suggestion would be to check out:

https://zwiftinsider.com/category/getting-started/

If you want to move up levels quickly, hit the workouts - you'll score loads of points. I can usually do about 1 level up per week, doing 3/4 workouts per week. 

I think you'd need some form of Bluetooth Bridge to allow for all the sensors to work. I think something like a 4iiii HR strap can do this but you'll need to do some research on this. 

I think you're also confusing the drops with XP.  Drops accumulate with effort - climb a hill steeper than 3% and you'll get more.  Push hard and they trickle in faster.

XP is used to determine your level.  You gain these by doing more distance or completing workouts. 

The wait to get into certain sections of Watopia can feel like they're far away, but they'll come soon enough.  See it as something to aim towards. 

If you think its taking ages to get to level 12, then you don't even want to know about how to get the tron bike...

keep in mind points levels are staggered

1. Zwift Kit
  2. Basic Kit 1 @ 1,000 XP
  3. Black Helmet @ 2,000 XP
  4. Zwift Glasses Basic @ 3,000 XP
  5. Black Shoes @ 4,000 XP
  6. Gloves @ 5,000 XP
  7. Solid Socks @ 7,000 XP
  8. Vintage Kit pack @ 10,000 XP
  9. Camo Jersey pack @ 13,000 XP
  10. Oakleys @ 16,000 XP
  11. Digital Camo Jersey pack @ 19,000 XP
  12. Basic Kit 2 @ 23,000 XP
  13. Dot Socks @ 28,000 XP
  14. Glove Pack Pattern @ 33,000 XP
  15. Level 15 jersey @ 38,000 XP
  16. Glasses Zwift #1 @ 44,000 XP
  17. Striped Socks @ 50,000 XP
  18. Classy Kits @ 56,000 XP
  19. Glasses Zwift #2 @ 62,000 XP
  20. Level 20 Jersey @ 70,000 XP
  21. Neon Kits @ 78,000 XP
  22. Pattern Socks @ 88,000 XP
  23. Glove Pack Solid @ 94,000 XP
  24. Skater/Bowl Helmet @ 100,000 XP
  25. Level 25 Kit @ 110,000 XP
  26. Zwift Oversize Glasses @ 121,000 XP
  27. S-Works Shoes @ 130,000 XP
  28. Dots Socks @ 140,000 XP
  29. S-Works Helmet @ 150,000 XP
  30. Level 30 Kit @ 170,000 XP
  31. Retro 80s Sunglasses (Oakley Eyeshades) @ 180,000 XP
  32. Newsy (Paperboy) Cap @ 190,000 XP
  33. Fluoro Gloves @ 200,000 XP
  34. Monochrome Kit @ 220,000 XP
  35. Mavic Shoes @ 230,000 XP
  36. Calories To Burn (Food) Socks @ 250,000 XP
  37. Bell Javelin Helmet @ 260,000 XP
  38. Vintage Gloves @ 280,000 XP
  39. Vintage Leather Shoes @ 290,000 XP
  40. Level 40 Kit @ 310,000 XP
  41. Zwift Rockstar Glasses @ 330,000 XP
  42. La Z Claire Kit @340,000 XP
  43. Retro 80s Helmet @ 360,000 XP
  44. Alpine Slopes (Ski) Kits @ 380,000 XP
  45. Giro Synthe Helmet @ 400,000 XP
  46. Prism Kits @ 420,000 XP
  47. Zwift Vintage Riding Goggles @ 440,000 XP
  48. Bont Shoes @ 460,000 XP
  49. Giro Vanquish Helmet @ 480,000 XP
  50. Level 50 Kit @ 500,000 XP

Points are added for every km (20 XP) or mile (30 XP) you ride. Points are added soon after each km or mile ticks over, unless you are in workout mode, where points are added after you complete a block. You will see a small alert to the right of your center console when points are added.

Sorry, America: since a kilometer is equal to .621 miles, you will accumulate XP slightly faster if you ride in metric units. (100km=2,000 XP, while the equivalent mileage, 62.13=1864 XP.)

You also get additional XP for the Large or Small Bonus power ups, and 10 points when you complete a KOM or sprint section.

I think you're also confusing the drops with XP.  Drops accumulate with effort - climb a hill steeper than 3% and you'll get more.  Push hard and they trickle in faster.

XP is used to determine your level.  You gain these by doing more distance or completing workouts. 

The wait to get into certain sections of Watopia can feel like they're far away, but they'll come soon enough.  See it as something to aim towards. 

If you think its taking ages to get to level 12, then you don't even want to know about how to get the tron bike...

I've set myself a goal to get the Tron Bike before the end of the year... 

Should be attainable if I continue doing workouts plus the odd free ride here and there.

I've done 10 000m of in game climbing since the middle of Feb  :ph34r:

I've set myself a goal to get the Tron Bike before the end of the year... 

Should be attainable if I continue doing workouts plus the odd free ride here and there.

I've done 10 000m of in game climbing since the middle of Feb  :ph34r:

I have 980m left.  I'll climb the alpe tomorrow (already did it today) and click over onto those sweet shinny neon wheels.  Can't wait.

Stupidly, I've already done about 70,000m in game but was doing the other challenges to get bikes before leaving it to get to the Tron.  Stupid me.  This was before you could just buy bikes...

You also need to use powerups after every arch, kinda go through the motions, every so often you get xp boost Got me to lever 23 quick-quick. No halfway to level 24 after stage 4 of the tour, as you get 250xp for every arch on that stage.

I only started using power ups on level 22...

You also need to use powerups after every arch, kinda go through the motions, every so often you get xp boost Got me to lever 23 quick-quick. No halfway to level 24 after stage 4 of the tour, as you get 250xp for every arch on that stage.

I only started using power ups on level 22...

Please explain what powerups are . 

Thanks 

the cheapskate method of getting a zwift setup from scratch(ish).

I'v got the bike 

internet

a display

a garmin bluetooth dongle (FWIW)

no trainer

and go!

Ever since the last Zwift update (for the Watopia Desert expansion) erg mode has started to lag excessively (20-30 seconds lag) on my Kickr 3, especially when riding at high cadence over 100 rpm.

Has anyone else experienced this? For now I 'pause' the workout and then press 'play' to ensure that erg mode 'kicks-in', but this messes up my cadence going into a zone 5/6 interval.

Ever since the last Zwift update (for the Watopia Desert expansion) erg mode has started to lag excessively (20-30 seconds lag) on my Kickr 3, especially when riding at high cadence over 100 rpm.

Has anyone else experienced this? For now I 'pause' the workout and then press 'play' to ensure that erg mode 'kicks-in', but this messes up my cadence going into a zone 5/6 interval.

Take a look at the zwift support forum. Some people are having issues. I think it depends on the setup you're running.

Can't say I've had any issues after the update, but from what I've read people using Apple devices with BLE have been having more issues.

Take a look at the zwift support forum. Some people are having issues. I think it depends on the setup you're running.

Can't say I've had any issues after the update, but from what I've read people using Apple devices with BLE have been having more issues.

thx-will do.