Anyone using Zwift?

There are some known issues since the last update, certainly on the IOS mobile app.

So perhaps, log a ticket with zwift help, as they are quite jacked.

I got that reply from them this morning, but I am using a i7 with 16gb ram and have like 100gb free space.

Its a problem on their side for sure, as I have been using zwift on the same laptop for a while now with no issues.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same issue with an update last year sometime - it was working perfectly, then updated, then my system was too low spec.  I went through the whole support system with multiple different people trying to fix the issue, but in the end they said it wouldn't work anymore and they were phasing out the things which allowed the old systems to work as they were clashing with the newer systems.  It was an old graphics card driver issue on mine - the update required drivers to be newer than a certain age, but my old card had no newer drivers available and therefore wouldn't run Zwift anymore.  I tried all sorts of new graphics drivers which would work on my card but nothing solved the problem and I was losing more hair over it.  In the end I just got a new graphics card.  In hindsight I wish I had done it ages ago as it made my PC much more usable and quicker.  Also replaced the HDD with an SSD two weeks ago, and these two changes have taken my PC up to a 6.8 rating out of 7 on the Windows performance index, so I'm happy. 

In the end I conceded that Zwift can't keep making their systems run in a backdated way to enable my crappy old system to continue working.  Evolution.  I upgraded and moved on, and I'm a happier better person for it :P

Logged a ticket and busy trying out different things but nothing is working.

Trying to download on another laptop and will see from there.

Quite frustrating. Their support basically gives us standard replies.

Just tried on my sisters laptop. its a 1month old i7 with the latest of everything... Guess what, same error.

Definitely a problem on their end.

Could anyone suggest a Cheap alternative to buying a new laptop? or what spec laptop will work? I see Matrix has some cheap ones but they are celeron, do I need a Proper graphics card?

Could anyone suggest a Cheap alternative to buying a new laptop? or what spec laptop will work? I see Matrix has some cheap ones but they are celeron, do I need a Proper graphics card?

Can you not load on mobile device?

I purchased an Intel NUC i3, 7th Generation with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB HDD off Carbonite from JazzyC for R2500. It's worked brilliantly so far- maybe get in touch with him, and see what he can help with. 

https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?threads/8th-gen-intel-nuc-i3-8gb-ddr4-ram-500gb-hdd-r3000.241444/#post-1652502

If you want to use it with an existing screen or television, there's the Apple TV.

Super simple and performs well.  Takealot are selling the 4K version for R2.9k.

Will outperform a cheap laptop.

Note that you'll need a trainer that has BLE as the Apple TV doesn't do ANT+.

Use your iPhone or iPad

What's the best way to do a free ride but make sure I hit my TSS in a set time? I basically want to aim for a 1h30m ride and get ~70TSS while in sim mode

What's the best way to do a free ride but make sure I hit my TSS in a set time? I basically want to aim for a 1h30m ride and get ~70TSS while in sim mode

Pretzel route.

Alternatively look at the workouts, and do one of those. The workouts are divided into time: less than an hour, more than an hour, etc. 

Rearrange the TSS equation to work out what NP you have to ride at for 1hr30 to hit your 70 TSS, 

Do a number of calcs with different IF's if needed

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/estimating-training-stress-score-tss/

Else try the calc based on RPE and adjust every 30 mins

I purchased an Intel NUC i3, 7th Generation with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB HDD off Carbonite from JazzyC for R2500. It's worked brilliantly so far- maybe get in touch with him, and see what he can help with. 

https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?threads/8th-gen-intel-nuc-i3-8gb-ddr4-ram-500gb-hdd-r3000.241444/#post-1652502

+1 

​Carbonite FTW. I am a moderator on the forum. Loads of trusted reseller selling PCs/laptops to start your Zwfiting.

​Just check the feedback score of said user before buying and Bob's your uncle.

And please read the forum rules when creating an account

Rearrange the TSS equation to work out what NP you have to ride at for 1hr30 to hit your 70 TSS, 

Do a number of calcs with different IF's if needed

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/estimating-training-stress-score-tss/

Else try the calc based on RPE and adjust every 30 mins

I messed this up because long steady state sessions are boring... so with the few sprints I did here and there I completely overshot my target. 

For my next attempt I'll connect my Elemnt Bolt and keep an eye on Normalised Power and 30sec average power and try and keep that steady for the most part. 

Curious to know if anyone else does something similar?