Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go well Barry

Your dogs are going to be well loved and looked after

May you have smooth riding and gnarly skate boarding where you are now

I'm going to miss your odes to the moon and beautiful mornings

Benoni has lost its finest ambassador

******* sucks man

I met barry through the hub way back when. He hosted Fanie and myself for one very debauched 94.7 weekend.

I have fond memories of time spent with him, and the general banter on the hub and twitter with him.

He is one of my longest cycling friends and I will miss him dearly

Devastating news.

He was well liked and well loved by many.

He was one of the Hub's most influential personalities and helped to shape the vibe here.

The list of fallen hubbers grows.

He will be dearly missed.

RIP Barry

Edited by PhilipV

Met Barry here too - the day Tumbleweed went missing many many years ago.  He was absolutely distraught and I sent him a private message to just say I was thinking of him and his furry friend.  The rest is history

What a special guy, his passion, his enthusiasm, his love for his boys, the many dogs he rescued/adopted/adored, his sharp wit and infectious laugh, and of course his love for coffee and beer.  

I'll miss you my special

Edited by bobbie

This is truly a terrible day. I am very sad to hear this. I never knew him personally, but followed his contributions to the hub with interest. He was most definitely one of the more sane and insightful ones around here. I had the honour to interact with him on some threads. Very cool guy.

My sincerest condolences to his loved ones.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Such sad news and condolences to all his family and loved ones. Only recently did I realise how many mutual friends we have and that we have had a drink (well it ws a coke) together before.

His presence both online and in real life was massive and most certainly one of a kind.

He will be very much missed.

Edited by Red Robin

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them."

Saw that on an Anzac plaque just yesterday, a short while after talking about Tumbles and what happened. I may not have known him in person but we had many stupid, silly and serious interactions on the Hub, and he made me laugh, and think, and sometimes think about laughing. RIP Barry.