Gravel Bikes - Should we stop and tell the industry now?

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want it, build it... and take their money then sell them accessories, show great instagram images, sell some upgrades, deal carbon then tell them the've been riding the wrong size wheels and we all need to upgrade to a bigger size because they are stopping making the current size as there is no demand and after a bit make a slightly smaller wheel size that is slightly smaller than the new size but slightly bigger than the original size because people want it and if people want it then build it... 

Just tweaked it a bit. :) 

Just tweaked it a bit. :)

Yes, like I overheard someone telling his mates that Giant is no longer making a 29" Anthem and will be focusing on 27,5" only .............. :w00t:

Pump those brakes, Iwan.

You want the gravel grinding hipsters to spill their Fair Trade, hand ground artisanal espressos into their waxed moustaches with such inflammatory statements?!

I'm all for riding what makes you happy, but I won't let the industry tell me that some drop-bar frankenroadbike is superior to a vanilla XC 29er across a stretch of rough gravel.

But you'll happily have them pour you that e-bike Koolaid hey ;)

But you'll happily have them pour you that e-bike Koolaid hey ;)

e-bikes also have their place if you want your wife/girlfriend/mistress to keep up with you.......on the bike that is

Edited by coppi

e-bikes also have their place if you want your wife/girlfriend/mistress to keep up with you.......on the bike that is

That would be some tandem......

Mr Tomac has been rocking roadie bars on mtb's before it became cool :)

4b6c444fc3b6ad91e7941e0ad6f38e60.jpg

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/images/news/2015/10/02/1443765678342-i7q2tdyggtb-630-354.jpg

http://mbaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Tomac_2_Zap-e1458748157315.jpg

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/images/news/2015/10/02/1443765678342-i7q2tdyggtb-630-354.jpg

http://mbaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Tomac_2_Zap-e1458748157315.jpg

Exactly, but back then they were still figuring out the transition. We have gone down the rabbit hole and someone came out with our face up our own ass!

Again, no problem with gravel bikes and gravel riding, but if you're looking to add front and rear suspension maybe, just maybe, there is already a bike for the type of riding you do. Maybe. 

Exactly, but back then they were still figuring out the transition. We have gone down the rabbit hole and someone came out with our face up our own ass!

Again, no problem with gravel bikes and gravel riding, but if you're looking to add front and rear suspension maybe, just maybe, there is already a bike for the type of riding you do. Maybe. 

People have been saying that since the beginning of bicycles.....

when I build mine, I looked around yes. but could only found broom stick bikes. ^_^

As a roadie I always (and will always) like drop bars more than broom stick bars.

Really enjoy the mtb scenery in the drops man...jip on front suspension...  :whistling:

looks like he was running 1x too, judging by that TT style shifter one the one side only.