WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is his departure confirmed? If so, they lose valuable skills.

Unless CSA want him to use the KPMG audit manuals (just kidding

No idea.  Just responding to Hairy's question should it be true.

So the chaos continues

Next month my annual racing fees will be due.

I ONLY pay this to be able to race in the Vets bunches. 

If (like in the Cape) the race organisers catch a wake up and not enforce the rule of having a CSA license and actually seed riders according to ability, a LOT of people wont have to fund this thing called CSA.......

The first part is correct. But he is still in Cape Town.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2nd part is also correct he is now speaking funny (Australian) too!

So the chaos continues

If (like in the Cape) the race organisers catch a wake up and not enforce the rule of having a CSA license and actually seed riders according to ability, a LOT of people wont have to fund this thing called CSA.......

I understood that the CSA is involved because it's the official local UCI arm, which means it's part of the IOC and SASCOC.  Which is important if you're an international athlete or international race organizer, or have international athletes attending your race.

Dunno if the CSA wants to speak to the UCI right now, though... :ph34r:

I understood that the CSA is involved because it's the official local UCI arm, which means it's part of the IOC and SASCOC.  Which is important if you're an international athlete or international race organizer, or have international athletes attending your race.

Jip.

Precisely as I understand it also.

SUCKSCOCK is as useless as the CSA.

2nd part is also correct he is now speaking funny (Australian) too!

Cool thanks pw

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So the chaos continues

If done correctly, event organisers must follow Sport & Rec Act, and events must therefore be affiliated with the national body. High court ruling indicated that PPA is on equal standing, so may also affiliate with PPA and no need to do both.

PPA does not have a presence in all provinces, so organisers must fall back on CSA

If done correctly, event organisers must follow Sport & Rec Act, and events must therefore be affiliated with the national body. High court ruling indicated that PPA is on equal standing, so may also affiliate with PPA and no need to do both.

PPA does not have a presence in all provinces, so organisers must fall back on CSA

Correct me if I'm wrong.  What you say is all fine and well for a "legal" sport event within SA. So you would be able to have a large cycling event with the PPA with no problem but it would not be sanctioned by CSA and therefore under UCI rules, licenced riders are not allowed to participate.

Correct me if I'm wrong. What you say is all fine and well for a "legal" sport event within SA. So you would be able to have a large cycling event with the PPA with no problem but it would not be sanctioned by CSA and therefore under UCI rules, licenced riders are not allowed to participate.

CSA tried to high jack the Argus a few years ago and were threatening to sanction CSA licensed riders who took part.

I guess they wanted to extort license fees from the 35000 entrants like they do to us.

Edited by Eugene

Correct me if I'm wrong. What you say is all fine and well for a "legal" sport event within SA. So you would be able to have a large cycling event with the PPA with no problem but it would not be sanctioned by CSA and therefore under UCI rules, licenced riders are not allowed to participate.

I'm not saying its right, or agreeing with it

not that it means anything, but he's still on the web page

https://www.cyclingsa.com/about-us/

If this is the criteria of measuring a good organization - unfortunately cycling is not been administrated well by both bodies. PPA AGM over a month ago and 1 member of the committee did not chose to stand - not sure which one but PPA web page still shows 12 members!! Cycling is in a sad state (bad management - the big administrators) in RSA.

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/committee/

If this is the criteria of measuring a good organization - unfortunately cycling is not been administrated well by both bodies. PPA AGM over a month ago and 1 member of the committee did not chose to stand - not sure which one but PPA web page still shows 12 members!! Cycling is in a sad state (bad management - the big administrators) in RSA.

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/committee/

you judging the PPA's organisation by their website ............