• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No mail yet.

I feel left out.

if i can i'll give you mine, i don't think i'm going to do it next year

Thanks Meezo.

But I think all things considered, there will be more than enough entries in the "general" section when the time comes....

first thing that comes to mind this year is our safety . Can the ctct make the route safe for cyclist. what do they have in place to ensure our ride will be free from rocks and objects being thrown by people that have issues with non service deliveries ect ect ect . what plans have been made ?

Why even have an option to choose whether you want the discount? Who is going to refuse a discount lol, or is it deliberately like that to catch people off guard.

I donated R480 last year

I do not think the organizers can be faulted on how they have dealt with safety for riders over many decades. I would assume there ia a definite input from the police as well as from private security. What exactly is getting planned should not be made known, purely for safety reasons. Bit of a catch 22, I know, but as always, I will take care of my personal safety, and take the rest on trust. I think your chances of a crash injury will be much higher than getting hurt in violent protests.

I do not think the organizers can be faulted on how they have dealt with safety for riders over many decades. I would assume there ia a definite input from the police as well as from private security. What exactly is getting planned should not be made known, purely for safety reasons. Bit of a catch 22, I know, but as always, I will take care of my personal safety, and take the rest on trust. I think your chances of a crash injury will be much higher than getting hurt in violent protests.

Yes, the most likely scenario when there are protests will be that the route will be changed & or the race will be cancelled (like 2016)

What we will not get from the organisers will be a private army or a police cordon protecting us from protestors so that we can do our funride in peace while the townships are burning, if that is the type of protection or guarantees people are looking for they should just opt for a ride up&down their own driveway.

If I lived in Cape Town, I would have entered without thinking twice, but I live in the rural areas and have to choose my races carefully. I do not want to go to CT for nothing.

I will skip this year and hopefully the race will continue without a problem. I will enter again if things settle down and my little boy is big enough to ride. I just have a funny feeling these guys realized they have the ctct by the balls.

I also didn't get an entry.... just ordered my pallet of pre cast bricks..... :ph34r:

Chirp of the day. ????

And here I thought we could meet up in the start chute again and I could sit back and enjoy your slip for the day....[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

You guys may have noticed a link http://www.avis.co.za/cycletour in your CTCT registration confirmation email. Avis is an official partner of the CTCT.

Being a CTCT participant, my expectation was that using this link would result in a reduced rate for car rental. This is not the case, even though the reservation process on the Avis site creates the impression of a benefit by reflecting some form of a “promo code” in the exactly the same place they display “Avis worldwide discount number”. In my opinion this creates the impression of a discount.

The rental rates using the link provided by the CTCT email and the ones generated by simply typing in www.avis.co.za are exactly the same.

When I contacted Avis and spoke to Mike, he tried desperately to convince me that a benefit exists for participants through what they term “Best rate of the day”. I tried in vain to convince him that the rate displayed for a CTCT participant using the CTCT supplied Avis link matches exactly with the rate for a non-participant, hence there was no benefit. He refused to acknowledge this reality. I checked the rates on Thursday using the link and then by simply using the Avis url and the rates were identical. I checked the same today and the rates were identical again.

I then raised this with CTCT and a Mr. Dave Bellairs called me and confirmed that CTCT does not have an agreement in place with Avis to provide discounted rates to participants, however Avis does contribute to the CTCT in other forms and this contribution is to the benefit of the various charities linked to CTCT. He suspects that the promo code is merely used for tracking purposes so that Avis could see how many rentals they received from CTCT participants.

The long and short of it all, I have no issue with CTCT but I do believe Avis are being a bit naughty with the way they have set this up on their site.

Now, I am merely creating awareness that, in my opinion, there is an impression of a benefit being created by Avis where none exists and people should know this.

Thanks Fahiem, and kudos to David Bellairs for the quick and open reply. I wish all businesses and government would act like that.

Edited by DJR

And here I thought we could meet up in the start chute again and I could sit back and enjoy your slip for the day....[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

in that case, then i'll enter!

we've got a date then... :blush:

Thanks Fahiem, and kudos to David Bellairs for the quick and open reply. I wish all businesses and government would act like that.

take our money, and reply quickly?