[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just not true. My own experience as a 4 + hour participant is totally at odds with the “many people” you have heard from. The spectator support was unbelievable, positively electric - especially going up Wynberg hill and Suikerbossie.

I agree Hout bay was going nuts at 3pm

Edited by Sven137

Very risky but potentially rewarding tactic they probably used was to use all their energy in an all out sprint to jump the gap to the group ahead and then wheelsuck all the way till the next incline and attack again to latch onto the next group up the road until you can't any longer.

I can't see two guys riding solo all the way beating a full group by 6min. They had some kind of help.

A Good day on the bike for everyone especially Nic and myself. Halfwheeling isn't an option ever!

So the results are being published in the Cape Argus, nearly one week after the event.

I get that the Argus is and has been a title sponsor of the event for ever, but whats the point.

More than 50% of the people are not in CPT any more, the results (although provisional) were up on Racetec same day (heck I got an SMS 2 minutes after crossing the line)

I guess for traditions sake they still do it, or maybe they need to fill pages with content.

Nice for those of us who never cracked matric results in the Argus.

So, 4000 DNF’s ?

Jeepers, how many meat wagons did they have?

Plenty I’d say by what I saw trundling past me. (It’s lotsa fun at the back).

"Compulsory" to have 1 going in to the start chute...

So is having a start card, but my dad got in without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, 4000 DNF’s ?

Jeepers, how many meat wagons did they have?

also remember a large number might have "finished" on their own but did not complete the course in 7 hours. ie could have finished at 4pm and still not get an official finish

Start cards are useless. Glad they finally realised that. I did not even have one for the 2nd lap (paid for last year) and neither did they ask for it.

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, I finally checked my power numbers for 5 and 20 minutes. Just average, not normalized.

Started in &. Dropped on little Chappies. Because too much beer and too little training  :whistling:

post-12446-0-96615700-1521922559_thumb.jpg

For those interested, I finally checked my power numbers for 5 and 20 minutes. Just average, not normalized.

Started in &. Dropped on little Chappies. Because too much beer and too little training  :whistling:

Nice, what power meter was used?