[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere, someone needs to just check some maths:

"release between eight and ten million cubic metres of water into the Western Cape supply network. The donation will  translates to about a billion litres of water."

1 cubic metre = 1000 liters

thus

8 to 10 million cubics = 8 to 10 billion litres. 

Big difference between 1 Billion and 8 Billion. Assuming the 500 million litres a day consumption target, it means either 2 extra days of water or 16 extra days of water. (come to think of it, the reporter probably just heard "a Billion" instead of the correct "eight billion")

Still, this is a "druppel in die emmer", they still face a massive problem nonetheless.

Somewhere, someone needs to just check some maths:

"release between eight and ten million cubic metres of water into the Western Cape supply network. The donation will  translates to about a billion litres of water."

1 cubic metre = 1000 liters

thus

8 to 10 million cubics = 8 to 10 billion litres. 

Big difference between 1 Billion and 8 Billion. Assuming the 500 million litres a day consumption target, it means either 2 extra days of water or 16 extra days of water. (come to think of it, the reporter probably just heard "a Billion" instead of the correct "eight billion")

Still, this is a "druppel in die emmer", they still face a massive problem nonetheless.

Ja and add to that losses in the river, dam and treatment.

I hope SONA been postponed is not a leading indicator to the Cape Town cycle tour been postponed. Bitcoin seems to possibly have been the leading indicator on the traditional stock market!

I started doing the miles again for the Cape Town cycle tour - I now really hope that it is on the traditional route and not postponed like SONA - or I am on dangerous road for longer than normal and for nothing!

I hope SONA been postponed is not a leading indicator to the Cape Town cycle tour been postponed. Bitcoin seems to possibly have been the leading indicator on the traditional stock market!

I started doing the miles again for the Cape Town cycle tour - I now really hope that it is on the traditional route and not postponed like SONA - or I am on dangerous road for longer than normal and for nothing!

post-97525-0-11222300-1517923125.jpg

Jeez!! Profit of doom much? 

Not a profit of doom - just Cautiously optimistic!

Read my 2nd paragraph even preparing that it will go ahead as planed and getting ready for another meaningful sub 3.

D-Day :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Refresh! Refresh! Refresh!

Wonder in what order they send out the mails? Alphabetical for surname? Damn I am S, long wait. Start group? I should be # so like 2nd or 3rd group off. How many tours completed? 26 for me and 28 for my toppie. 

Or will they sommer send 36k emails at once?