[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish, mine is gonna be bad.... Only got my 2016 One Tonner time to use. 

They said in one of the podcasts that some allowance would be made on the seedings for the CTCT that was cancelled - though I haven't seen any indication of that on my seeding index yet.

Eish, mine is gonna be bad.... Only got my 2016 One Tonner time to use. 

2016 one tonner have 15 penalty .. so if you were index of 0, you can still get a sub3  :w00t:

Edited by Karman de Lange

My current PPA seeding is E based off an index of 23.54 for last year's K2C. Not sure what Argus seeding that will translate into.

Going for my first CTCT and I've done the reverse route 4/5 times and I've had a headwind for the outward journey and then enjoyed the last 30km with the south easter behind me which was great because I was getting tired. Always ridden alone so I had no drafting at all. Should I be worried if I wake up on the day and it's blowing hard or is the course more or less the same both ways?

Going for my first CTCT and I've done the reverse route 4/5 times and I've had a headwind for the outward journey and then enjoyed the last 30km with the south easter behind me which was great because I was getting tired. Always ridden alone so I had no drafting at all. Should I be worried if I wake up on the day and it's blowing hard or is the course more or less the same both ways?

Personally I think it is about the same whichever way round you do it. If you did the peninsula round a few times already, then you will be fine, so just ignore the wind and go. Hooking up with a few bunches before the big day will help with your confidence in large groups. Perhaps concentrate on that a little? Riding your first Argus is supposed to be fun. Talk to people, look at the views, drink in the vibe, and do not worry about your time.   

Personally I think it is about the same whichever way round you do it. If you did the peninsula round a few times already, then you will be fine, so just ignore the wind and go. Hooking up with a few bunches before the big day will help with your confidence in large groups. Perhaps concentrate on that a little? Riding your first Argus is supposed to be fun. Talk to people, look at the views, drink in the vibe, and do not worry about your time.   

:eek:

Is this sort of common sense even allowed here.

MODERATORS!!!

I'll be honest, the only reason I am doing this and hoping for a good seeding is so I can at least get my 2nd lap that I paid for. After 2018 there is no way in hell I will enter this <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored> ever again. 

The MTB event, sure, but the road event. Never again.  

Morning all. I've got an entry up for grabs if anyone is wanting one. PM me and we can organize.

Have a lekker day all......