[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

There are hordes of really stupid people on facebook who want to cancel a charity event that will bring more water to the city than it uses.

I can't speak for the stupid people, but the only thing that makes sense to me is that people hate cyclists. so naturally they hate cycling events too.

We cyclists need to do our PR better. I'm talking to you red robot jumpers

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh!!! Sorry for the Hijack BUT!

A plumber friend gave me a water and electricity saving tip. Turn your geyser down to your preferred shower temp. That way you don't waste water fiddling with the cold water to get it to the correct temp. We haven't used the cold water tap in months.

that's an elec saving tip. they say legionnaires can be there if it is less than 50'C

Oh!!! Sorry for the Hijack BUT!

A plumber friend gave me a water and electricity saving tip. Turn your geyser down to your preferred shower temp. That way you don't waste water fiddling with the cold water to get it to the correct temp. We haven't used the cold water tap in months.

Hope you heat the water above 50c every now and again , you created perfect enviroment(35-38C) for germs to grow in.  Most germs only gets killed >45c so recomended min for geyser is 50C.  Just put proper blanket on it and insulate the pipes.

Edit:  Some more info from eishkom.

http://www.eskom.co.za/sites/idm/Documents/Legionaires_Fact_sheet_hot_water_bacteria_simple_facts.pdf

Edited by Karman de Lange

Agreed, usually at total disregard for logic and fact.

I'm just tired of being made to feel guilty about wanting to come to Cape Town, as if I'm going to steal all the water. . . . Go tell the people in Bantry Bay and Clifton to stop watering their massive lawns before you tell me to not come and take water from you. . .

They don't have massive lawns in Bantry Bay and Clifton

Seems like the 2018 Sportiff #1 was included in seeding, but with 5 penalty...

Edit:Actually, all of the sportiffs have 5 penalty at the moment

post-28252-0-65419200-1517810290_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karman de Lange

Seems like the 2018 Sportiff #1 was included in seeding, but with 5 penalty...

Edit:Actually, all of the sportiffs have 5 penalty at the moment

attachicon.gifseeding.jpg

Is that your Argus seeding or your general PPA seeding?

For my PPA seeding I don't have that 5 penalty on the cyclo sportiff 1

Anyone know when seeding group information is released/emailed? 

Should be soonish. Was asked a few pages ago in amongst all the water comments and no one seemed to know exactly when. Someone mentioned they have received seeding before first week of Feb. They usually send out a mail or post on social media just before saying its about to happen.

Anyone know when seeding group information is released/emailed? 

Press conference just said first week of Feb .. so what ever that means

The fact the seeding indexes has been calculated, normally means the start groups should be released fairly soon