Saddle Bags on Road Bikes: cool or uncool?

ByronH

I don’t ride with a saddle bag and only carry one bomb, but I will always stop and help a guy who doesn’t have one, even if he has a saddle bag and it means I won’t have a spare for the rest of my ride.

I have given away my last bomb more than once.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to have a saddlebag, then moved all to jersey pockets, now, tube and 2 bombs under seat with one of those straps, very compact and out the way so all good, now just mini pump, patches, 2 tyre levers in the jersey, very comfortable.

Off topic but has been mentioned in this thread,

Dont care about Sagan not shaving, hairy bushy legs on a roadie just looks *** !!!

Ankle socks look *** !!!

Hey but each to their own, if someone wants to wear a budgie smuggler to the beach instead of baggies that is absolutely their business, it doesnt make it right though.

A mate I ride with never has a saddle bag or any spares on him. He's always relying on one of the rest of us (or complete strangers) to provide bombs or even tubes if things go wrong.

It wouldn't bother me as much if he wasn't constantly quoting the Rules and criticising other's saddle bags.

^^^ THIS should become a Friday thread ......

should we help scrounging disorganised twits who don't carry spares but expect everyone else too so they can take advantage ..............................Trust in God but tie your own camel.

doesnt matter if the spares are in a bag or a pocket ...

Edited by bikebloke

Or that you are too fat to put a tube and a bomb in your shirt pocket.

or maybe because you know that you're not a pro and there's no tv cameras following you.  i know many of you like to pretend.

Or that you are too fat to put a tube and a bomb in your shirt pocket.

Hey come on... so i put on 2.2 kg from to much buffet breakfast and dinners in mauritus...no need to be mean

Here is another much more acceptable alternative.

https://www.rapha.cc/rd/en/shop/essentials-case/product/ECS08XXCBNXXX

Keep that in your back pocket instead of the 4 energy bars and 7 banana breads that you don’t need.... will make you a faster cyclist

Problem with putting stuff in your pockets is that before every ride you have to remember to put them in....

where as a little saddle bags just stay on the bike and never get forgotten behind... ok so sometimes the tube might stay folded up in there so long they might perish on the folds...but that's another problem

Used to have a saddlebag, then moved all to jersey pockets, now, tube and 2 bombs under seat with one of those straps, very compact and out the way so all good, now just mini pump, patches, 2 tyre levers in the jersey, very comfortable.

Off topic but has been mentioned in this thread,

Dont care about Sagan not shaving, hairy bushy legs on a roadie just looks *** !!!

Ankle socks look *** !!!

Hey but each to their own, if someone wants to wear a budgie smuggler to the beach instead of baggies that is absolutely their business, it doesnt make it right though.

Oh well there goes my shares...

Two ***'s make a positive?

Here is another much more acceptable alternative.

https://www.rapha.cc/rd/en/shop/essentials-case/product/ECS08XXCBNXXX

Keep that in your back pocket instead of the 4 energy bars and 7 banana breads that you don’t need.... will make you a faster cyclist

I have something essentialy the same as this :thumbup: - it takes up one pocket so you can still carry food, golf tees, a pencil ,a score card  and all the other things " cyclists" apparently need to carry around these days   :whistling: