Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinners @ Hellsend......(down the road from Tygerberg Trails... :ph34r: ....off topic!, no wait....skills at jump park...back on topic!)

Garlicki nose-bonking his way back to health

post-35907-0-37963400-1553973795_thumb.png

Random guy #1 floating Vuurberg

post-35907-0-06127000-1553973929_thumb.png

Random guy #2...touch the sky

post-35907-0-85974800-1553974011_thumb.png

Wannabe Pinner and future Dungeons big wave surfer..Theo Erlangsen...

post-35907-0-71889800-1553974075_thumb.png

It has always been that way. The only recent change is to have Vasbyte as down only.

sorry but you must be mistaken as it hasn't always been that way. These rules seems to have made an appearance in the last few years.Most of the trails were shared dual way and riders got along quite happily. So whats changed that these "rules" have now come into play? I don't recall any mention of accidents involving riders going in opposite directions.

Wait!! Hold the God damned phone. Did you actually refer to yourself as a pinner???????!

????

It's a play on what Patrick calls all the people who want more technical trails. Hence the " ". I'm decidedly average and wouldn't call myself a pinner at all.

sorry but you must be mistaken as it hasn't always been that way. These rules seems to have made an appearance in the last few years.Most of the trails were shared dual way and riders got along quite happily. So whats changed that these "rules" have now come into play? I don't recall any mention of accidents involving riders going in opposite directions.

Far more and higher foliage causing loss of sight of potential oncomers on the trails therefore all but Boulders and Faerie are unidirectional and down only in order to reduce the potential of future incidents.

Far more and higher foliage causing loss of sight of potential oncomers on the trails therefore all but Boulders and Faerie are unidirectional and down only in order to reduce the potential of future incidents.

???!!! :wacko:  :huh:

Yep. All but Boulders and Faerie garden are down only.

And Puff Adder is bi-directional too, tiny as it is.

For many years the bi-directional trails were restricted to Fairy Garden, Your Roots, Vasbyt (Including the Bluegums section), Boulders and Puff Adder.

The Snake Trails, DH line and Switchbacks have been single direction for a long time.

Vasbyt was changed to down only for a few reasons, visibility (as you mentioned), the higher speeds being carried down there and, rather crucially, there is no way to exit now without crossing the DH line or climbing the berm at the top because the old exit route has been reclaimed and fenced of by the adjacent wine farm.

It's a play on what Patrick calls all the people who want more technical trails. Hence the " ". I'm decidedly average and wouldn't call myself a pinner at all.

TOP DEFINITION
1. (n) A small marijuana cigarette rolled tightly, and lacking in marijuana content. Usually sells cheap on the underground markets. 

2. (adj.) Marijuana that is of poor quality. 

3. (adj.) Diminutive adjective to express displeasure for an activity. 

4. (adj.) Used to describe objects that are small and/or of poor quality.

1. I'm gonna go and smoke this pinner in the washroom 'fore maths class. 

2. That guy sells pinner weed. 

I'm confused. Where on the Tygerberg network of trails are these trails being discussed?

1) at the AGM

2) in the weekly club news letter

I am no suurgat, but everytime i open this thread its the same guys chatting and nothing to do with the actual Tygerberg trails, albeit me not following their whole convo, as im not interested. so i might be wrong.

Is there some other thread i can follow wrt happenings on the Tygerberg MTB Trails and Club?

1) at the AGM

Is the newsletter emailed? I am a registered plate holder but I get absolutely no emails ever. And yes my email address on the site is correct..

Is the newsletter emailed? I am a registered plate holder but I get absolutely no emails ever. And yes my email address on the site is correct..

Yes they email it.

1) at the AGM

Really? I get the weekly newsletter, but I have yet to find info with regards to builds on Tokai...and which direction their trails are designated. What has that to do with Tygerberg MTB?

[edit] - add sarcasm font, i.e. to be read in jest, mense

Edited by Robbie Stewart