The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

22 hours ago, Barry said:

I have a new end clamp from the newer Thule EasyFold XT just use your existing  shaft/spring/knob.

Will cost you a chocolate can collect in Centurion if this will work for you.

20230618_193229.jpg

20230618_193248.jpg

Shout-out to Barry 🙌

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I got XT ones M765 if you are interested.  Still in good condition.  Let me know if you want them.  You can PM me.

image.jpeg.d86dbda59c06e7a50ca1e298f0c9d6c0.jpegimage.jpeg.6d8f73128eeb3af0074442df3c641f69.jpeg

oh the memories! had someone bring their bike over as i was considered an "expert". well these were out of my skillset until it realised it was basically mountain STI

57 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Shout-out to Barry 🙌

Thank you for the chocolate and hope the part solved your issue👌🏻.

Hi All Trust Everybody’s Well, I recently decided I would like to go internal cable shifters as I would like my cockpit to look clean & more tidy.

Im currently running a dura ace 7800 groupset and I was told it’s compatible with all shimano 10s shifters except the new tiagra 

I would like to know how much the 10s shifters are going for?? (Haven’t seen any for sale) & if there’s any advice or tips 

Thanks! 🤙🏽

On 6/12/2023 at 6:04 PM, BaGearA said:

Need a newer gen one of these 

mine just can't get around the downtube of my bike and the bike has worked itself loose now twice.

luckily i use a imbi as backup but this needs to be solved.

the lock doesn't need to work/be there i just need the arm.

Willing to pay 

Have posted wanted ad but no bites , pretty please anyone 

images (21).jpeg

To anyone who is interested here you can see why i wanted the updated clamp.

Bigger for more surface area grabbing the frame and once in a more closed position there's more room for frame inside rather than around 

IMG_20230619_193114.jpg

IMG_20230619_193104.jpg

2 hours ago, TheoG said:

I got XT ones M765 if you are interested.  Still in good condition.  Let me know if you want them.  You can PM me.

image.jpeg.d86dbda59c06e7a50ca1e298f0c9d6c0.jpegimage.jpeg.6d8f73128eeb3af0074442df3c641f69.jpeg

I must be one of the few that like those.

7 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I must be one of the few that like those.

If memory serves me right they were normally paired with a 'rapid rise' rear derailleur... took a bit of getting used to!

34 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

To anyone who is interested here you can see why i wanted the updated clamp.

Bigger for more surface area grabbing the frame and once in a more closed position there's more room for frame inside rather than around 

IMG_20230619_193114.jpg

IMG_20230619_193104.jpg

I just have one question: how did you manage to take the photo whilst having both hands in the pics :oops:

5 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I just have one question: how did you manage to take the photo whilst having both hands in the pics :oops:

One hand doesn't belong to me 😂😂

8 hours ago, MTBER46 said:

Looking for a lower rear chain stay for a 2014/2015 Specialized Enduro Comp 29er. 

Is there a difference between the Enduro and Epic? 

13 hours ago, AadamD said:

Hi All Trust Everybody’s Well, I recently decided I would like to go internal cable shifters as I would like my cockpit to look clean & more tidy.

Im currently running a dura ace 7800 groupset and I was told it’s compatible with all shimano 10s shifters except the new tiagra 

I would like to know how much the 10s shifters are going for?? (Haven’t seen any for sale) & if there’s any advice or tips 

Thanks! 🤙🏽

There's a bunch for sale, although mostly Di2 strangely. The Ultegra mechanical set needs new hoods and needs to come down in price IMO.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:48 PM, RRIBike said:

Hi, does anyone have a rear cage/pulley set for a dura ace R9100 rear derailleur please, willing to pay

Screenshot_20230617_200055_Chrome.jpg

I have one from my 6800 Ultegra groupset which I swopped out for my OSPW, Not sure if it's compatible. Ask around and let me know.