Is selling on the classifieds becoming more difficult?

M L

South African Economic Times   

384 members have voted

1. 1. Are you finding it increasingly difficult to sell things on the classifieds?

• I sell things quickly and easily - it seems people have money
    • I sell things fairly quickly
    • I find it rather difficult to sell things - I struggle to sell and get low ball offers

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha I love how the 'similar ads' that pop up underneath what you're looking at show pyga pascoes and other actual bikes....

Substitution for comments :ph34r:

I’ve seen a few of these lately:

“It’s in perfect condition except there is a small crack on the screen and it doesn’t charge, other than that it’s perfect”

“Condition is like new except for a small crack on the chain stay”

Huh?

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-bikes/404231/burry-stander-limited-edition-s-works

So this. Maybe I'm crass but a 7 year old bike with outdated Geo, old components etc... I would offer 20k at most.

BUT it comes with a Burry tag so does a paint job and Burry make it worth more?

Burry Dying was a tragedy, but his wife has moved on, surely we all should to? 65k is a whole lot of money for a really old, outdated 3rd hand bike

(Moving on does not mean forgotten).

I don't think this is a bike to be ridden. It won the epic, and given the emotions would probably be the highest profile bike to have ridden the race.

It's a piece of art for some CEO to hang up in his office/lobby.

(and was probably auctioned off for R100k).

I could be totally wrong about this,

Seems odd, do you have to specify it is bike parts? They ship parcels so I can’t see why they would worry about contents except if it is hazardous, illegal or dangerous goods.

Postnet isn't able to send bike parts - who are you guys using to courier small (cheap) stuff ?

I've used postnet twice now and received parts 3 times

Why can't you use them?

I've used postnet twice now and received parts 3 times

Why can't you use them?

also used PostNet for bike parts in the past.  Their counter-to-counter option is very affordable.  They also offer counter-to-door, which costs more and only works for recipients that have a fixed address during the day.

Most copy shops, such as 3@1, offer counter-to-door delivery.  I know our local 3@1 opened at Level 4, and can now send these types of parcels.

I don't think this is a bike to be ridden. It won the epic, and given the emotions would probably be the highest profile bike to have ridden the race.

It's a piece of art for some CEO to hang up in his office/lobby.

(and was probably auctioned off for R100k).

I could be totally wrong about this,

Well, an items worth is what someone is willing to pay for it, so maybe it is worth excessive amounts of money for sentimental reasons.

I am probably just not wealthy enough to see the sentiment.

Postnet isn't able to send bike parts - who are you guys using to courier small (cheap) stuff ?

They've shipped me bike parts during the week....

Otherwise maybe Courier Guy via Rush?

Edited by Kalahari Vegmot

I sent a stem in the week, however I noticed on the waybill afterwords the sales guy said it was "machine equipment"

post-5403-0-23118200-1590318906_thumb.jpg

Most postnet branches don't ask may what's in the box, occasionally they might ask if it's hazardous but thats it

Thanks for all your responses.

That has been my experience in the past.

When I phoned to see if a particular branch was operational, the guy asked what I wanted to send and then said that bike parts weren't on the list because of Level 4 and all that.

Best I go to a different branch then...

Thanks for all your responses.

That has been my experience in the past.

When I phoned to see if a particular branch was operational, the guy asked what I wanted to send and then said that bike parts weren't on the list because of Level 4 and all that.

Best I go to a different branch then...

Use the words, "heart rate monitor and associated parts".

Will get there chop chop.