All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

On 11/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, Andymann said:

Would love to know where it all went wrong - There's no doubt that something went amiss from the MTN days to the DD days - the team just didn't perform.  And there are far too many good riders who came to the team with high expectations and didn't perform, and a few more riders who started performing only after they left.

Let's face it - if the Team was constantly right up there in the last few years I'm sure it would have been a lot easier to attract a new sponsor.

Maybe one day someone will write a book and the truth will be told

no man results don't matter, corporates and billionaires are queueing up to be associated with Quebeka through a cycling team that fails to impress outside of the dressing room

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, Andymann said:

Would love to know where it all went wrong - There's no doubt that something went amiss from the MTN days to the DD days - the team just didn't perform.  And there are far too many good riders who came to the team with high expectations and didn't perform, and a few more riders who started performing only after they left.

Let's face it - if the Team was constantly right up there in the last few years I'm sure it would have been a lot easier to attract a new sponsor.

Maybe one day someone will write a book and the truth will be told

No scandal or behind the scenes smoking gun. Just how the cumulative dice rolled.
There's a few good interviews out there (ie; Velo News) that add perspective.
Watching the timeline since the team's Tour de France day-view. Resounding success by all accounts that carried over a number of seasons. Cav's signing signalled even more success, arguably it also signalled a decline in the team's overall trajectory and a departure from core values for various reasons that are well documented. To come back on course from that is incredibly challenging, compounded by the usual pressures of a WT squad. 
Still wouldn't rule Ryder out, WT squad or no. And who knows, maybe another setup will pick up and carry on, wether it's from SA or elsewhere within the continent. 

2 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

No scandal or behind the scenes smoking gun. Just how the cumulative dice rolled.
There's a few good interviews out there (ie; Velo News) that add perspective.
Watching the timeline since the team's Tour de France day-view. Resounding success by all accounts that carried over a number of seasons. Cav's signing signalled even more success, arguably it also signalled a decline in the team's overall trajectory and a departure from core values for various reasons that are well documented. To come back on course from that is incredibly challenging, compounded by the usual pressures of a WT squad. 
Still wouldn't rule Ryder out, WT squad or no. And who knows, maybe another setup will pick up and carry on, wether it's from SA or elsewhere within the continent. 

Let's hope Doug has another rabbit left in that hat of his - he has already pulled several out though!

One of the stumbling blocks for me was the failed Riis deal - everything that man touches ends up all grimy and soiled.