All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is up with the cheese?

He tweeted that he had stomach cramps and wasn't able to eat or drink on the bike.

Louis Louis Louis... I feel for the guy - he is still struggeling with form/confidence or matching the other riders. Yes we do expect him to rub elbows with the best at the front but right now I don't know if he will be drafted to do some super domestic or just regular team work... 

LOL - shall we resurrect the Robbie Hunter vs Greg Minnaar fight from all those years ago  :clap:

We could add Ertjies Bezoudenhout's name? Before my time (both Ertjies and THAT fight)

Seems poor Louis is getting drafted to all the teams needing him for his points not results - not sure they are really interested in developing his ability as he hasn't shown much in years...

Continuing on the conversation about Pogacar and John's involvement on Team UAE.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/contador-basso-biometrics-and-ducks/id665713706?i=1000493385549

In this episode of Service Course Tom and Lizzy react to EF Pro-Cycling's new kit for the Giro, speak with Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso about the Aurum Magma, the first bike to be produced by their new brand, and chat with Absolute Black's Borut Fonda about his lab work with Tadej Pogačar.

So, while Lizzy Banks likes oval rings, she disagrees with Borut's "testing" of 7 cyclists that cycle 3000-10000 Km per annum. However, he (Borut) says he has been working with Pogacar since the beginning of the year to get his TT setup perfect. Seems they did a number of tests using pedals to determine optimal power at various points on his pedal stroke.

For those that have noticed, has Pogacar been riding with oval rings (on the TT bike), and perhaps we could get some more "inside info" from JW.

I have oval on my MTB, not by choice but it came on the bike (second hand) and I can't tell the difference between round and oval. 

Borut is an incredible human, incredibly knowledgeable and he makes me laugh alot and is actually coming to stay in November. UAE use their chainlube. On that note, his AB are not the conventional "oval" as everyone knows it or currently thinks when thinking of oval rings and what you buy in the shops.

DomP

is doing well..the team are in the limelight, but all rather too late it seems

according to PCS he weighs 53kgs. can't be many lighter than that

Borut is an incredible human, incredibly knowledgeable and he makes me laugh alot and is actually coming to stay in November. UAE use their chainlube. On that note, his AB are not the conventional "oval" as everyone knows it or currently thinks when thinking of oval rings and what you buy in the shops.

OK, so now I am curious. How are these AB's different from normal ovals?

OK, so now I am curious. How are these AB's different from normal ovals?

I assume that the angles and eccentricity are custom built for his pedal stroke. Not sure what else could be different.

Great Giro stage win for Ben O'Connor. Likely too little too late in terms of saving the team. But a good step for Ben in picking up a good ride next year.

Great Giro stage win for Ben O'Connor. Likely too little too late in terms of saving the team. But a good step for Ben in picking up a good ride next year.

He looked very good on the final slopes. He'll get good things from this and he'll deserve each and every one

Lets hope things improve but can't see anything else changing direction.. too many what if's and oh well's. Pity but this happens all the time, look at the teams that have come and gone, its a scary list for the last 2 decades. You go were the money is... no different to the man in the street, we just don't get that sort of scenery. :D